Author Topic: Wm Pritchard & Royal Charter 1859  (Read 14735 times)

Offline Tulassi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wm Pritchard & Royal Charter 1859
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 February 13 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello! I'm doing some research on my family tree, and am wondering if my great grandfather, Richard Pritchard, could be a relation to the Pritchards here? It's probably a long shot, but according to the 1911 census he was living in Hugh Street, Hirael, and was born in Llandegai, but I know nothing more about his roots or what his occupation was. I believe he had at least one sister, maybe more siblings. His wife was Jane Ann and they had several children, only 2 alive at the time of the census, my grandmother, Beatrice, and her brother Idwal.

Offline Meryll

• RootsChat Extra
  • Mrs William Pritchard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 09:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello Tulassi,

I'm afraid we don't have the same Richard Pritchard here, although they were only a couple of streets apart.  In 1901 my Nain was living with her mother and siblings at 5 Hugh Street, Hirael and one of her brothers was Richard Pritchard.  However on the 1911 Census they were in Ambrose Street: all the children had been born in Hirael and their paternal grandfather was the William Pritchard who I now know was one of the Moelfre Twenty-Eight.  My great-uncle Richard was later married, but not to Jane Ann.

The 1911 Census shows your Richard and Jane as married for 6 years: Free BMD gives a marriage in the last quarter of 1901 in the Carnarvon district where two of the spouses were Richard Pritchard and Jane Ann Thomas, which looks likely.  The Carnarvon district included Llanrug which 1911 Census shows as Jane Ann's birthplace, and there are two birth entries for Caernarvonshire in the name Jane Ann(e) Thomas, one in 1882 and another in 1884.

I hope you'll find a lead to take you back a stage further, although Bangor was well-endowed with Pritchards.  However someone else may have a connection that coiuld help you — best of luck with your search.

Meryll
Anglesey: Pritchard & Mathew(s)
Bedfordshire: Veal. Money, Willson
Northants: Wills, Trench, Coles
Bucks: Hitchcox
London: Wills, Harris, Jones
Devon: Woodgates
Bangor/Llanllechid: Williams

Offline Tulassi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 February 13 02:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it. My great grandmother was indeed Jane Ann Thomas before she married, and most likely the Jane Ann Thomas born in 1882 (she died in 1957 aged 75). I know she had two sisters, Hannah and Grace, as my grandmother talked about them a lot, but I haven't had any luck finding a census entry for them yet. I would love to know the names of their parents and where they were from.

I am already eager for the 1921 census to come out, lol, so I can find out where my great grandparents (the Pritchards) were living then. I don't think they were in Hugh Street at that time, but I know they were in Seirol Road by the 1930's.

Thank you again for taking the time to help me! :)

Offline smileyone

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tulassi,

My grandmother is also Beatrice Gwendoline Roberts that you mention. Married to William and one of their daughters' (Carys) is my mother. I would love to know how you are related? I have followed Taid Roberts back to C18 but have come to a halt with my great-grandparents Richard and Jane Ann Pritchard.
I am looking forward to hearing from you
Kind Regards
Susan

Offline genethofon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 April 14 14:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Smilyone, I am looking into these two families the Pritchard  family from 5 Hugh Street, Bangor and also Richard Pritchard and Jane Ann 11 Hugh Street Bangor, the Pritchards from 5 Hugh street are my husbands family and the Pritchard from 11 Hugh Stret are my Fathers Family could you help me i could send you an email im on Ancestry been for years and years my email is (*) . i dont come on here very much as i forget to check on here, so could you get in touch i can talk about my father and his brother they were Richard Pritchards Sisters boys ok look forward to hearing from you, i hope you are on Ancestry as well :)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline genethofon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 19 April 14 12:50 BST (UK) »
This Pritchard Family is My Husbands family. we have gone back very far indeed, on the Island. but i am also looking for My Dads Family, which you are looking into from 11 Hugh Street, Bangor Wales . my email is kathleenpenlon4@yahoo.com , so we can get in touch by email as i would like to ask some delicate questions , greetings to you

Offline Warrington

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 28 August 20 01:10 BST (UK) »
I am the granddaughter of Grace Ann Parry nee Thomas, her sisters were Jane Ann Prichard nee Thomas, Hannah Ellen Thomas, brother David Thomas.

Grace was 98 when she died in 1969, when I was 6. I have few memories of her. My sister has lots of memories of Grandma "Parry".

Just discovered Jane Ann Pritchard and Beatrice Roberts on Ancestry. Would love to try and fill in some gaps in my history, and hope I can fill some gaps for others searching Richard Prichard family of 11 Hugh Street Bangor