Author Topic: Templeton - Arkengarthdale/Reeth area  (Read 1649 times)

Offline bigt

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Templeton - Arkengarthdale/Reeth area
« on: Saturday 21 June 08 21:07 BST (UK) »
I am researching part of my wife's line which included Templeton from Dumfriesshire.  One branch went to Arkengarthdale in the 1880's.  I found a death in 1948 of George Templeton at Rawcroft, Reeth district.  He was a retired farmer. Would anyone be able to tell me if there are still Templetons in that area, as a member of the family is hoping to go to that area in August.

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline daniel1111

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Templeton - Arkengarthdale/Reeth area
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 June 08 16:06 BST (UK) »
If you ask the question on this site:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dalesfhs/

someone will probably be able to help you.

You will need to register with the site but it is free (and first class)
Percival, Hird, Heseltine, Wilson,  Horn(e), Thwaite, Storey, Iveson, Metcalfe, Dinsdale and Sunter and the farms and families of Bishopdale.

Offline Blentides

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Templeton - Arkengarthdale/Reeth area
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 November 19 11:32 GMT (UK) »
My Grandma was a Templeton and lived in Reeth. I think her father may have been George but cant say for sure.

I am researching part of my wife's line which included Templeton from Dumfriesshire.  One branch went to Arkengarthdale in the 1880's.  I found a death in 1948 of George Templeton at Rawcroft, Reeth district.  He was a retired farmer. Would anyone be able to tell me if there are still Templetons in that area, as a member of the family is hoping to go to that area in August.