Author Topic: HANLEY relatives in areas around Roscommon - advice appreciated please  (Read 2430 times)

Offline ljay

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
My great grandmother was Agnes Hanley, born c.1862, somewhere in Roscommon. Her parents were Patrick Hanley and Mary Connor/Connolly. Agnes married an Englishman in Rhode Island in 1884 and then moved to Birmingham and then London to raise their 10 children. I know of one sister, Annie Maria born c.1868 and of one brother, William, born in 1866 in Salmons Lane, Ballyleague/Cloontuskert. There is a record for William's birth, naming parents as Patrick Hanley and Mary Connor. Unfortunately, living relatives in Rhode Island were unable to supply new information regarding the Hanleys in Roscommon. I would appreciate any help you are able to offer perhaps either as possible descendants of Patrick and Mary, with any knowledge of relevant cemetery transcriptions in the area or with any other ideas as to how to further the search. Thanks for taking the time to consider this request. Ljay

Moderator comment - any information, please post on this thread:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,311269.0.html
Thanks
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
WRIGHT (Hertfordshire/London), CROSBY (Nottinghamshire/Lincolnshire), STEPHENSON (Middlesex/Surrey), TRIBE (Surrey/London) HATTEMORE (London/Essex/Kent), MARTIN (Birmingham/London), DRIVER (London)