Author Topic: KELLY MANNIX MCCARTHY  (Read 1821 times)

Offline sandieteddy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
KELLY MANNIX MCCARTHY
« on: Tuesday 24 June 08 07:47 BST (UK) »
These surnames are of great interest.

John, Michael Joseph and Bridget Kelly left Ireland between 1840 and early 1850's.
I believe they either lived in Co Clare or Limerick.
They all settled in Lee County, Mississippi.
I know there was a brother James who had died by 1873.
Joseph Kelly married Bridget Mannix - they went to school together back in Ireland.
Bridget Kelly married an irishman by the name of Patrick McCarthy.

Bridget Mannix had a brother John Mannix who lived in Fredericksburg, Virginia then moved to Washington DC. John Mannix had a wife Mary-Ann (born Ireland) and a daughter Sarah Ann (born New York 1851).

John Mannix travelled back to Ireland in August 1873 landing at Queenstown. He travelled to Cork where he stayed with his brother Mick. Mick was working at the depot in Limerick and the other brother James running an engine between Limerick and Wateford. We know that James had 7 children at that time. Mick had a daughter Bridget who was due to marry in August 1873.

John Mannix then travelled to Kilrush then to Kilkee where he spent 8-10 days. Is there where Mannix/Kelly family lived?????

If you have anything which might help me determine where they came from. Please help. I have American family travelling to Scotland in less than 2 weeks in the hope that I might have traced their ancestry...... 

MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses and other personal details. Thank You