Author Topic: GERMANY: Familienbucher Oberrosbach v.d. Höhe & Grüningen look up offer  (Read 22472 times)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
Re: GERMANY: Familienbucher Oberrosbach v.d. Höhe & Grüningen look up offer
« Reply #18 on: Monday 26 July 10 11:43 BST (UK) »
Sorry I couldn't be more help, I have nothing on the Heß surname that would help you. I only have the 2 books and they are very specific areas.

The link I posted is for the online Ortsfamilienbücher (heritage books) on the German genealogy.net website, hopefully you can find a way in  ;)

This website is very helpful, but is pretty much all in German.......and I don't speak German at all, so you might need to have someone on Rootschat translate for you!

Good luck :)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline Peonie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I wish ................!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 26 July 10 12:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Noandra,

do you know which Grötzingen - there is one in Württemberg and one in Baden. If it's the one in Baden it seems to be a very strange place, see here : http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/Gr%C3%B6tzinger_Einwohnerliste_von_1709
It's a list of citizens in 1709 - can't spot any women.

regards Peonie

added: is this your tree?  http://www.remmick.org/Borodino.Bess.Genealogy/PageHess2.html
Seem to be your Hess family and they are from Württemberg (near Filderstadt)

Offline fleurjenny

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 00:14 BST (UK) »
second try

hi Jen and Hi Peonie

many thanks for the replies and apologies for delay in getting back. Am a complete novice and struggling to work out how to answer. Too good to be true....... will just have to wait a bit longer for Christmas as I think you are both right....my Hommels must be from the Hessen nassau Oberwester waldkreis place ( makes English place names a doddle to pronounce!). I'm hoping the info you gave me Jen may be a good lead so once again thank  you so much.   If there's anything I can help with in return I'm more than willing...but probably not very efficient. It's great having people to help who know what they are doing....

gratefully

fleurjenny

Offline Noandra

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 03:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Peonie,
Many thanks for the below link, I got lots of information I did not have, they mention my Hess family but do not have a lot on them but I found stacks of aunts and uncles. Great ....

http://www.remmick.org/Borodino.Bess.Genealogy/PageHess2.html

Thank  you so much.  :) :)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 08:27 BST (UK) »
Hey fleurjenny,

Was wondering where you had disappeared too  ;)

Rootschat takes a bit of getting used to but it is a brilliant resource for all family historians, there is so much knowledge in this one forum...it is truly amazing  ;D

Hopefully the Hommel/Hummel lead comes up trumps for you!

Have a read through some of the other forums to see if there are people you can help it is so rewarding!! It is great to be able to pass on some of the knowledge I have gained from years of research, but I am more often than not the one asking for the help!!

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline fleurjenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 21:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Jen,

thanks for the encouragement. Must admit when I saw your first message I didn't really look at the rest of the site....I was too excited. Hopefully will have a bit more time soon so I can check out some of the other posts and see if I can be of any help to anyone. I'm not a twitterer (if thats the correct term or a face booker or anything else for that matter) hence my lack of expertise. My apologies if I am making any major etiquette gaffs. They would certainly not be intended.

thanks again   smiley face (can't work out how to add it yet!)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 22:55 BST (UK) »
You'll get there mate! No etiquette gaffs here  ;)

Jenny

P.S If you want to add the smileys, there should be a row just above the 'message' box when you write a reply or new topic, just click on the one you want and it will pop up! Hope that helps  ;D

Offline CAHarris

• RootsChat Extra
  • Pink Coral Sand Dunes Park, Utah
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 13 September 10 07:19 BST (UK) »

Jenny -

Just came across your offer.  I'm working on STORCK, GRILL, ENGEL and WALLBURG.  What I am looking for is birth, death, marriage dates, and, of course parent names  :)  What I know is:

Georg Heinrich STORCK married Anna Margaretha GRILL.  Gerhard, their first child, was born Dec 1799.

Hans Wilhelm Heinrich ENGEL married Cristina Dorothea WALLBURG.  One child, Dorothea Cristina ENGEL was born 30 Oct 1806.

I am envious that you were able to visit Germany.  I was there nearly 30 years ago, quite near where my rellies are from, but at that point I wasn't interested in genealogy.  Someday I'll get back!

Thanks for much for your help. 

Cindy
England: Austin, Bridcutt, Cartwright, Coldwell, Hill, Hunt, Jones, Littlefield, Mitchell, Power, Silverwood, Wheeler
England>New Zealand: Farrer, Godfrey, Harris, Hart, Rogers
Germany: Kunders/Conard, Schneider, Sell, Sick, Sten, Storck, Strauch, Wallburg
Scotland: Campbell, Moscrip, Henderson
US: Buffington, Jacoby, Kinder, Lane, Price, Riggs, Selby, Savage, Spannagel, Tallman, Thompson, Waldo, Werntz

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 13 September 10 07:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Cindy,

Welcome to Rootschat!!!

Are your families from Grüningen or Ober Rosbach?

I'll check my books for you  ;)

Jenny