Author Topic: King Street, Castle Douglas  (Read 29284 times)

Offline marksouthoe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: King Street, Castle Douglas
« Reply #36 on: Friday 05 February 10 20:08 GMT (UK) »
im looking for a david williamson born

1849 married to henrietta wilson have we a conection

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Sholto28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 11:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Scatsa

Do you know the names of the children of Marion McClune and Robert Douglas? Working backwards, I've got as far as William Douglas (b 1806 d 1863) from my side and I think he may have been their son?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline holkin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 19:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Sholto28,
Robert Douglas and Marion McClune did have a son William who was born in 1806 and died in 1863. He is mentioned on their MI in Kelton, which says he died 'at Largs'. I obtained his death certificate which confirms that Robert and Marion were his parents. The informant of his death was his widow Elizabeth.
Does this fit in with your ancester?
I am a descendant of Robert and Marion via their daughter Jane, and have more information on this family. If this is your William, please let me know and I'll be happy to share it with you.
Hi Scatza,
I'd be delighted if you know more about James McClune and Marion Carson, I think I've found the baptisms of their children, but nothing further back than that.

Offline Sholto28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 20 May 12 17:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks for this! I'm still not sure. The dates fit in. I don't know who William married, only that he had a son, Robert, who married Jane Bulloch. They also had a son named Robert (my great-grandfather) and my grandfather's name was also Robert.

Offline holkin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Sholto28,
Do you know where your Robert was born, or where and when he married Janet?
These records might give more clues to whether his father was the son of Robert and Marion.
The William, who was the son of Robert and Marion was an iron merchant who spent some time in Belfast. I obtained a copy of his will a while ago, but I don't think he mentioned any children in the will. This William was baptised in Kelton. I don't know when he was Belfast, but he was back in Scotland in 1861 and was living with his wife in Largs. He died at Largs in1863.
I'll double check the will to see if children are named.
 Holkin

Offline holkin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 20:03 BST (UK) »
Have just checked the 'will', it's an inventory rather than a will, hence there are no named beneficiaries. It does seem to suggest that he also had property in England, but no details. The combination of the language used and the handwriting makes it quite difficult to read.