Author Topic: Lightly/Leightley Hill, Sandbach.  (Read 8644 times)

Offline pocketrocket

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lightly/Leightley Hill, Sandbach.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 March 10 09:01 GMT (UK) »
This is so interesting!  I have messaged you.  I have info on the Patricks and Sherrins in Australia if you want to broaden your tree.

Caroline
Clarke (The Gap QLD) , Morehouse (Cobram vic), Jepson, Garland, Tilsley, Wiggins (Tasmania)

Offline Alison Ches

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 July 15 19:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter. I am also descended from Ann and Thomas Haynes.  I have a copy of a picture taken of Peter Clarke taken in Australia.  I also have a family jug with 'William Clark 1813', not sure what relation that would be to Peter? any ideas? My mum said that Ann was in service to Lewis Carroll, but have no evidence of this apart from word of mouth.
Alison

Offline pocketrocket

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 July 15 22:59 BST (UK) »
How fantastic!  Thanks for replying.  I will have a look at my notes and get back to you about William.  My Aunt may have some ideas.  She will be super happy about the pic.  I will message you my email address.

Regards,

Caroline
Clarke (The Gap QLD) , Morehouse (Cobram vic), Jepson, Garland, Tilsley, Wiggins (Tasmania)

Offline Pepsi62

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 24 July 15 19:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Alison, I have just tried to send you a PM but it will not send because your inbox is full.
I have a lovely portrait of Thomas and Ann Haynes which I can send you if you message me with your email address.

Peter
Nantwich: Davies, Houlding, Bebbington, Grocott
CHS: Dentith, Haynes, Hollinshead, Thornhill, Ford
STS: Houlding, Bayley, Denny, Byatt, Fairbanks

Offline Alison Ches

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 24 July 15 20:45 BST (UK) »
Hi, don't know why the inbox is full, have only had a couple of messages! It's ruthalisonmellor@tiscali.co.uk
Thanks so much Peter!
Alison
X

Offline pocketrocket

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 25 July 15 07:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

Thanks Alison for your photo of Peter and Peter Junior and his wife.  It made me think, if that pic made it over to the UK, there is another one that we had in the family but between my aunt and my late mother, we don't know where it is at the moment.  It had Peter Junior, his wife Catherin Sherrin and a couple of children with including their son Peter holding a hoop.

Cheers,

Caroline

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 20:04 GMT (UK) »
For any of my possible fellow descendants or anyone else who is interested in Lightly Hill.  I attach the source of my original interest.  I have been unable to add as much as I would have liked because of the file size limit, however, it is taken from page 23 of 'The history of the ancient Parish of Sandbach, Co. Chester: including the chapelries of Holmes Chapel and Goostery'.  It was published in1890 and the full text is available on a well known genealogy pay site (or probably free from your local Cheshire Library).

Regards, Nick

Hello there,

Thank you for this.
From this source, it states that Lightly Hill originally belonged to the Walley family.
Hugh Walley whose will was proved in 1598, shown in the footnotes on this page was my 12x great grandad:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=CjhNDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA21&lpg=PA21&dq=lightley+hill,+sandbach&source=bl&ots=Ug-EDgbIaC&sig=ACfU3U3JB3-BNBTtoXdOefwhMozfkbpNuA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj_sb2n45PgAhX7WxUIHXy1BQIQ6AEwCXoECAAQAQ#v=onepage&q=lightley%20hill%2C%20sandbach&f=false

:)

Offline pocketrocket

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 30 January 19 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the link! I haven't done any work on my own tree for ages. I now do volunteer work helping Aboriginal people with their genealogy.

Cheers,
Caroline

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 01 February 19 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the link! I haven't done any work on my own tree for ages. I now do volunteer work helping Aboriginal people with their genealogy.

Cheers,
Caroline

Thank you,

This is a link to Hugh Walley's will from 1598 here:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6SK9-J4C?i=764

I was struggling to read some of the names in the will a while ago.
So I put up this post here on Roots Chat, and somebody kindly helped me decipher some of the names in the will:

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=803396.0

Thank you.

:) ;)