Author Topic: Alexander Cameron (born 1864, died in Chile)  (Read 4281 times)

Offline mariotcameron

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander Cameron (born 1864, died in Chile)
« on: Sunday 06 July 08 01:33 BST (UK) »
I'm looking information related to the family of my great grandfather Alexander Cameron, born Sept. 30, 1864 in Braes of East Kinkell, Ferrintosh (Acc. Information from the Parish of Urquhart & Logie Wester).

Alexander parents were: John Cameron (Shoemaker) and Catherine ?Cameron?. Married June 6th, 1856 in Knockbain.

Alexander married Annie Gillies from Burghead, daughter of Donald Gillies and Mary Urquhart.

Alexander Cameron emigrated to Chile around 1887, Mary emigrated to Chile circa 1890, they maried 1890 and died there.

Alexander visited Scotland in 1929 and sent a letters to Chile from Munlochy and Iverness.

Many thanks for any information

Mario

Offline maclennan25

• RootsChat Senior
  • ancestors always seem to be just out of reach.....
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Cameron (born 1864, died in Chile)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 July 08 15:40 BST (UK) »
 hi there,

from the familysearch website, there appears to be two families of camerons with parents of the same name at that time. the first family would match with yours better because of the marriage date and alexander's birth date. however John's occupation in the 1881 census is not a shoemaker...

JOHN CAMERON, Spouse: KATRINE CAMERON, Marriage:  06 JUN 1856   Knockbain, Ross And Cromarty, Scotland

children:
JANET CAMERON Birth:  01 MAY 1857   Urquhart And Logie Wester, Ross And Cromarty, Scotland
COLIN CAMERON  Birth:  25 MAY 1859   Urquhart And Logie Wester, Ross And Cromarty, Scotland
ALEXANDER CAMERON  Birth:  30 SEP 1864   Urquhart And Logie Wester, Ross And Cromarty, Scotland

1881 census Bogbuie, Logie Wester, Ross & Cromarty, Scotland
FHL Film 0203413     GRO Ref    Volume 084    EnumDist 7    Page 3
John CAMERON      Married          60    born: Urquhart, Ross and Cromarty, Scotland,         Head, Farmer 7 Ac Ar
Catherine CAMERON   Married          52    born: Knockbain, Ross and Cromarty, Scotland      Wife,   Farmer Wife
Jessie CAMERON      Unmarried    22    born: Urquhart, Ross and Cromarty, Scotland          Daur,  Gen Serv
Alexander CAMERON          16    born: Urquhart, Ross and Cromarty, Scotland,         Son,   Scholar
William John CAMERON            9    born: Urquhart, Ross and Cromarty, Scotland,         Son,   Scholar

i haven't found the second family in 1881 yet, but the marriage and birth's are from familysearch:
JOHN CAMERON     Spouse:     CATHERINE MCLENNAN  Marriage: 25 FEB 1854 Urquhart And Logie Wester, Ross And Cromarty, Scotland

CHRISTIAN CAMERON       03 JUN 1855   Urquhart And Logie Wester, Ross And Cromarty, Scotland
RODERICK CAMERON        26 OCT 1856   Urquhart And Logie Wester, Ross And Cromarty, Scotland
MARGARET CAMERON      20 JAN 1859   Urquhart And Logie Wester, Ross And Cromarty, Scotland
ALEXANDER CAMERON    08 JAN 1861   Urquhart And Logie Wester, Ross And Cromarty, Scotland   
CATHERINE CAMERON     22 SEP 1862   Urquhart And Logie Wester, Ross And Cromarty, Scotland
JOHN JAMES CAMERON  14 JUN 1865   Urquhart And Logie Wester, Ross And Cromarty, Scotland

i think i found some info on the gillies family too if you want it?

kind regards,
Lorna.

Offline mariotcameron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 July 08 01:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Lorna,

Holy cow! how fast you got that information ... many, many thanks ... as you can see I'm "new" here;  I visited the Family Search website ... how did you found that information?

How can I trace now their children ...)

It would be great to get the information of the Gillies family in Burghead.

Many thanks again!

Mario

Offline maclennan25

• RootsChat Senior
  • ancestors always seem to be just out of reach.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 July 08 10:16 BST (UK) »
hi again, i'll get back to with some other things, but for now it might be good to visit the following website: http://www.freewebs.com/boogiechick/rossshireac.htm

if you leave the webmaster a message in the guestbook they will get back to you with the monumental inscription and maybe a photograph of a particular headstone. and it might be worth asking about the following entries all listed with the same headstone number at urquhart old cemetery:

Name/Date Of Death/Approx DOB or Age/Spouse/Father/Mother/Grave Yard/No.
Cameron Catherine/1896/*/Cameron John/*/*/U O/47
Cameron Colin/1888/*/*/Cameron John/Cameron Catherine/U O/47
Cameron John/*/*/Cameron Catherine/*/*/U O/47

Offline mariotcameron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 08 July 08 11:01 BST (UK) »
Done Mem!. Many many thanks again.