Author Topic: Browne Islandmagee  (Read 35899 times)

Offline ladyface

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Browne Islandmagee
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 12 May 18 12:37 BST (UK) »
Hi there, we seem to be researching the same family Hagan my nan is Emily Hagan b 1894 her mother is Emily Spence and father is Thomas Hagan  your g grandfather john is Emily's brother, I have there births of all 15 siblings but I also having trouble tracing Thomas Hagan . My nan Emily married Charles Dawson in Larne 1915 my dad was born 1920 Charles is from Boston Lincolnshire where he took Emily back to, they then had more children  Emily died 1956 in Boston ,  The Hagan family lived in Quay Lane Larne on there births they lived there for a while I found Thomas Hagan father his name is Thomas Heggan on the death he was born 1811 died in 1881 in Quay Lane his wife was Margaret  don't know maiden name ,John Hagan b 21 Jan 1899 Factory Row that's your John i have his birth if you want it. anyway if you want any info feel free to ask Regards ladyface.   

Offline HaganexLarne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 13 May 18 01:13 BST (UK) »
Wonderful, I am not sure how this works but I am aware of the problems re literacy and spelling of Hagan/Heggan/Heggins. I have blamed illiteracy/ pronounciation.

re Margaret, I believe she was Hamil.
On tracing Thomas Higgins, GGF, a cousin has located a document signed by a Navy Minister which claimed this was his parents.

How do we contact each other for more info?
Jim

Offline ladyface

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 13 May 18 17:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim, I can see we are not allowed to send personal messages, do you us Ancestry.com if so I have a family tree on there, called "Harvey-Dawson family tree" if you search for Thomas Haggan 1862 Larne Ireland you should find my tree as there is a photo on his profile, then you can message to me on there, I have a big tree lol there is a nice picture of them all on there if not will have to think of something else shame we can't send personal messages only just found this page the other day. Regards Jen.   

Offline HaganexLarne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Monday 14 May 18 05:39 BST (UK) »
Sorry no access to Ancestry.com

I access most via hotmail

I only have record of 12 chidren Thomas/Emily – no copy birth certs
Yes problem tracing Thomas m Emily Spence, I have b 1857, but failed to locate record of death. Newspaper cuttings 1918 refer to late Thomas?
Also confusion re his son Thomas b 1884 d 1953 m Dorothy Eliza ???.
They also had a son Thomas unknown b, d 1943 seaman RN Seaman  LT/JX 189988.
Records I locate show Emily m Dawson as Higgins Larne 1915?
Most of family at time refered to as Higgins
What was your fathers name? Was he born Larne.
I haven’t located any ref. Emily Dawson/Hagan d 1956 Boston Lincolnshire?
Are you aware of her younger brother Samuel b 1900 d 1964 also went to Boston Lincolnshire?

TryJfhagan

Offline ladyface

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Monday 14 May 18 09:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim, I have all of the births and Thomas an Emily Wedding , they had twins in 1901 and lost a baby too , I will try and give you a link  that my help you first I will give you some dates ,here we go , Thomas Haggan and Emily Spence got married 10 Oct 1882 in Larne they had a child in 1882 before they got wed that year his name is Robert James Hagan Spence b 11 Jul 1882 no father on it but must be Thomas as it as Hagan in name , next child is Thomas Heggin b 22 Nov 1883 in Quay Lane notice a different spelling for him ,next Lizzie Heggin b 10 June 1885 Quay Lane next, 
Maggie Hagan b 1887 but died 12 Dec 1899 in Factory Row next Daniel Hagan b 12 Dec 1888 Ballydown Islandmgee next William Hagan 3 Oct 1890 Ballydown Islandmgee next Agnes Hagan 7 Marc 1892 Ballydown Islandmagee next this one is my grandmother Emily Hagan 3 Mar 1894 Ballydown Islandmegee next Henry Hagan 16 May 1895 Bellydown next Ann Jane Hagan 12 Oct 1896 Bellydown next Ellen Hagan 25 Jan 1898 Bellydown next this is your John  Hagan 21 Jan 1899 Factory Row next Hugh Alfred Hagan 9 Apr 1900 Larne Workhouse now on his records for Army he is down as Samuel don't now why he did that  but it say on record next Maggie Hagan 19 May 1901 Factory Row one of a twin other one George Hagan 19 May 1901 Factory Row  that's them all I'm going to  try to give you a link to get them for free if it works
   https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp try this hope it works Regards Jen.