Author Topic: Link: Family Relatives . org  (Read 13863 times)

Offline Steve Ley

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: familyrelatives
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 21:50 GMT (UK) »
John Murrey is between James Murrey and George Musgrove, If you click on the image I presume you get a list of names starting with James Murrey and ending with George Musgrove with John Murrey somewhere in between.

Steve.
Census images Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

<br /><br /> Researching LEY, MEATS, LEVER (Nottingham)<br /> KERRIAGE/KERRIDGE/CARRIAGE (Norfolk, Cambridge,Lincoln)<br /> WISEMAN (Cambridge)<br /> UNWIN (Staffordshire,Derbyshire)<br /> FRANCES/FRANCIS (Norfolk)<br /> And BELL, McKENZIE and GRAY in Scotland.

Offline Mikey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, what an idiot I am, I knew I shouldn't have had that extra glass of wine tonight ;)

Offline craggus

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 21 January 05 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Okay then, I'll be the first person to post something nice about this website  ;)

I subscribed a couple of days ago and have found it to be most useful for 1866-1920, finding every entry I have been looking for. As far as I can tell, there is no need to view the actual image for searches within this period (unless you want to confirm that the GRO reference has been transcribed correctly before sending for a certificate etc).

The marriage searches are not as friendly as they could be - there is no facility to enter both partners names like there is on FreeBMD for instance (apart from after 1912, when I assume the maiden name started appearing on the actual indexes). I am surprised by this - it would be very easy for them to implement this on a transcribed database, simply having to match two GRO references.

Outside the years 1866-1920 it works out cheaper to use www.1837online.com (where it costs 10p per image viewed rather than 20p)

But overall it has been a good six quid spent, and a great aid for my family research!  ;D

Craggus 
BLACKHAM - Great Bridge/Tipton/West Bromwich; BALL - West Bromwich; JOHNSON - West Bromwich/Tipton/Dudley; WHARTON - West Bromwich; COOPER - Surrey; ALDERTON - Surrey/Essex; SEELEY - Coventry/Wales; JONES - Wales (!)

Offline ryan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • (Pictured) My G-G Grandfather Thomas John Hill.
    • View Profile
Re: Family Relatives . org
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 24 March 05 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello all.
Received a message today (24th March 2005) from Familyrelatives saying something along the lines of that 'the databases are now fully searchable' etc. Is this announcement accurate, as it seems to me (from what I've been reading here) as if visitors to the site have been fully capable of searching the site prior to this message being sent out? Was the information available before today only partially complete, or something?

Ryan.

:)
HILL/BURKE/BELCHER/BIGNELL/BADHAM/COX/BLAKE/YELDHAM in London
HOPKINS/HART/MATTHEWS/MUNSON/FARLEY in Exeter & Mid Devon
FEREDAY in The Potteries & Tipton
ADAMS/MUSCUTT/ELSBY/BRIDGENS/BURKE/BELL/RAINBOW in The Potteries
O’CALLAGHAN/O’BRIEN in Cork
BURKE/FITZPATRICK in Birmingham
HOPKINS in Shaftesbury
YELDHAM/RAVEN/MUNSON/BIGNELL in Essex
BLAKE/CHANDLER in Wickham Market, Suffolk

Offline Steve Ley

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 24 March 05 22:17 GMT (UK) »
In the e-mail they sent me was this special offer

We would like to help you get started with your family history research by introducing an Easter Offer and giving you an extra 25% or 33% worth extra units. We have added an extra 25% or 33% to your units when you purchase either of the special bands between now and April 17, 2005.

Special Price Bands

•Receive 25% extra Units - 100 Units for only £8.00 (USD $14.00, E12 Euros) – Valid for 45 days – Replaces £10.00 for 100 units (10 pence per unit – 30 days).

•Receive 33% extra Units - 160 units for only £12.00 (USD $20.00, E18.00 Euros) - Valid for 45 days Replaces £15.00 for 160 units (9.4 pence per unit – 30 days).

Remember the Easter offer closes on April 17, 2005

Steve.

<br /><br /> Researching LEY, MEATS, LEVER (Nottingham)<br /> KERRIAGE/KERRIDGE/CARRIAGE (Norfolk, Cambridge,Lincoln)<br /> WISEMAN (Cambridge)<br /> UNWIN (Staffordshire,Derbyshire)<br /> FRANCES/FRANCIS (Norfolk)<br /> And BELL, McKENZIE and GRAY in Scotland.

Offline ryan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • (Pictured) My G-G Grandfather Thomas John Hill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 24 March 05 22:24 GMT (UK) »
You received this message because you have bought units, correct? I haven't needed to purchase any yet, so I am not familiar with this email. I have just recalled that I submit my email address to the site so I would be informed of status changes or new developments.

Oh well, it's not that important anyway ::)

Ryan.
HILL/BURKE/BELCHER/BIGNELL/BADHAM/COX/BLAKE/YELDHAM in London
HOPKINS/HART/MATTHEWS/MUNSON/FARLEY in Exeter & Mid Devon
FEREDAY in The Potteries & Tipton
ADAMS/MUSCUTT/ELSBY/BRIDGENS/BURKE/BELL/RAINBOW in The Potteries
O’CALLAGHAN/O’BRIEN in Cork
BURKE/FITZPATRICK in Birmingham
HOPKINS in Shaftesbury
YELDHAM/RAVEN/MUNSON/BIGNELL in Essex
BLAKE/CHANDLER in Wickham Market, Suffolk

Offline Steve Ley

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 24 March 05 22:30 GMT (UK) »
I haven't bought any credits from them, Just registered with them before they went live.
They in fact sent me 2 different e-mails today both including the offer.
One of them does sound like the welcoming e-mail i would of expected a couple of months ago when they first went on-line but didn't receive which has put me off them a bit.

Steve.

Offline sandie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 24 March 05 22:34 GMT (UK) »
I received the same message as Steve, but I also haven't bought any credits before - in fact I couldn't even remember the site at first because I registered with them, didn't hear anything, forgot all about them!

Sandie
Lewis & Davies in Glam.
Richards & Roberts,  in Carmarthen & Glam.
Bowen & Morgans in Carm.
Walters & Mort in Glam.
Dinmore, in SE London (prev.Surrey & Kent), Lowestoft & Yorks.
Collier/Collyer, Tyler & Welch in SE London(prev.Surrey)

All census transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline Dazville

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 01 April 05 20:12 BST (UK) »
Hi i decided to register and do a few searches to see if any were correct and NONE of the searches came up so i dont think i will be purchasing any units until the site is functioning correctly, VERY annoyed that the site hasnt lived upto the expectations
               Regards
                Darryl