Author Topic: Link: Family Relatives . org  (Read 13867 times)

Offline Laverdiere

• RootsChat Senior
  • "Birdie" Wedderburn
    • View Profile
Re: Family Relatives . org
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 06 April 05 17:43 BST (UK) »
I read the post about the Family Relatives site with interest and decided to give it a try.  I was able to register and purchase credits.  I found a few of the names in the 1866-1920 section that I had not been able to find in the FreeBMD which was marvelous. 

When I looked for a woman's marriage I found it interesting that a lot of the woman who popped up had the husband's last name listed next to theirs.

Overall it was fairly well done and I can't wait for 1837-65 to come online so I can find some more elusive relations.

Laverdiere

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Family Relatives . org
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 06 April 05 20:16 BST (UK) »
just to say, I've used the site & purchased credits with no problem. However I do think the only useful function is the 1866-1920 search facility - but once you've done the selection it's cheaper to use www.1837online to view the index image. The main benefit is being able to select using mother's maiden  name / spouse's name - but that's only relevant from 1911/1912.

Does anyone know when either; the 1921 to 1983 ( or any later year) is going to have this same filter functionality, or when the 1837 - 65  "coming soon" for some time now !!! ::) :'(  is going to be available ???   

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------