Author Topic: Same family of Percivals in Longford and Leitrim  (Read 31214 times)

Offline linny1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Same family of Percivals in Longford and Leitrim
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 05 February 11 03:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lettys girl.......I am not sure how to contact you by email.....can someone please explain how I do this. We are from the same family.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 05 February 11 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Letty's girl probably need to make one more post and then should be able to use PM (Personal message) system so you can exchange details off-line. I explained it in July (just click on the link in reply #15).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline cgreen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 04 July 11 13:58 BST (UK) »
Happy to see a Percival researcher.  Would anyone know if the William Jones who m. Frances Percival (parents of Alexander) have connection with the Prestons of Co. Longford? 

How could two families seem to be in two counties at roughly the same time.  I have baptism of five children to John and Percival and Ann Rosemond in Clonguish Parish at Lissagernal..Alexander 1821,Elizabeth 1822,William 1824,Arthur 1828 and Eliza 1836.This was provided by Longford Genealogical society.
From the IGI (and I spoke to the man who extracted the records and sent them to the IGI..an American who was related to the Percival family)I found Alexander born 1822 son of John born Aughriman Co Leitrim and William born abt 1828 Aughriman Kiltoghert Leitrim, Elizabeth 1831 Aughriman too and Thomas.  Now I have met the grandchildren of Thomas.  They also claim that John Percival and Anne Rosemond are their g grandparents, in fact they showed me the grave and knew the inscription on it. The grave is in Drumshambo,Kiltoghert Co Leitrim.
Anne Rosemond's family were from Co Leitrim.
I need hep urgently as I am flying to NZ tomorrow to discuss THE TREE with another descendent of Thomas.
I am descended from Arthur.  There was definitely a John Percival paying tithes in Lissagernal in 1829-33

Offline cambell

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 04:46 GMT (UK) »
The baptisim records of 4 of the children of John Percival &
Anne Rosemond show their address as Lisagernal,Clonguish
Parish.Co Longford where John Percival was a constable in1826.About 1830 the family moved to Aughriman,Kiltoghert
Parish,Co leitrim. 
There was also a John Perceval living at Lisagernal born
about 1812 where he was a farmer(registered freeholder
22 Oct 1832,landlord Lord Forbes,listed in the Tithe
Appplotment records about 1834 with 11acres,1rood,
17perches.He married Fanny(no surname recorded)around1835 and they had a daughter Eliza baptised 18 Jan
1836 at Lisagernal.

Offline Larry Knapp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 06 March 14 20:13 GMT (UK) »
My mother is Victor's first cousin living in New Jersey.
Hmmm. My mother is Victor's first cousin and still lives in New Jersey. My grandmother was Francis Percival and was born in Curruan outside of Mohil.

Offline Larry Knapp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 06 March 14 20:16 GMT (UK) »
The other families connected to these Percivals are McCormack, Jones, Dunbar,Crowe .Any relatives out there? John Percival leased land from the Earl of Granard as far back as 1782
My grandmother, Frances Percival, was born in Currawn outside of Mohil.

Offline Larry Knapp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 06 March 14 20:36 GMT (UK) »
In reply to Skm. I am descended from the same Percivals as you.Can you get in touch with me again.  Victor and his brother are cousins of my mothers
. I live in Australia descended from Arthur Percival but I have been to Ireland and met margaret and Ivy. I have done a fairly complete family tree but need to complete the picture. I have also been to New Zealand to meet other descendents of John and Ann

I too am descended from Arthur. My grandmother Francis was his daughter.  In 1968, I spent a summer with Victor and Eric on the farm in Currawn and met cousins that were Jones.

Offline Larry Knapp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 06 March 14 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marc and "Lettys girl".  This is Jane Happell.  Marc, I'm sure we have been in contact before.  I and a man in New Zealand are doing the Co Leitrim. Longford Percival trees.  As you can see from above my mother was Victor's cousin.  Can I do anything to help you?
I would love to get a copy and add what I know of the American branch.

Offline linny1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 14 July 14 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Larry, thanks for getting in touch.Are you related to the Leckeys?  I have been in touch with some of them over the years.  I have visited Kathleen and her sisters in Ireland.My Arthur was the son of John and Anne Rosemond. I think your Frances was the son of a different Arthur.   My Arthur didn't marry until he arrived in New South Wales. He did have a daughter Frances but she married a George Murray in NSW. When Arthur had been here a few years he sponsored a young nephew to come out here.His name was Robert Percival Jones and Robert was the son of his sister Ann who had married William Jones.   I gather the Percivals and Jones family intermarried a few times. 
Can you tell me exactly where you fit in?  ie. what relation are you to the original John and are you from the Anne Rosemond line or from another wife,possibly Fanny as Cambell suggests.