Author Topic: Bradwell Burials?  (Read 2569 times)

Offline harrietmont

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bradwell Burials?
« on: Sunday 20 July 08 18:40 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm trying to find out where a burial would take place for a death in Bradwell.They are father and daughter Edward Smith b.1864 and Elsie[Smith]Bradshaw b.1895.
I haven't found dates of death but know that Elsie lived about 40 years in Derbyshire.Her father may have lived with her.Originally he was born in Scotland and lived in York and Sheffield where Elsie was born.
I would be most grateful if anyone has any suggestions as to where they might be buried
Thank you
Harrietmont

Offline AndreTheGeek

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bradwell Burials?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 July 08 14:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Harriet,

The best bet would be at St. Barnabas Church in Bradwell. Failing that, then St. Peter's Church in Hope.

Andre

Offline pete9708

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 May 11 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Andre,
Yes you are correct but there are two other Graveyards in Bradwell, Derbyshire which overlook Saint Barnabas:
(1)   Wesleyan Methodist Church (1823) on Town Gate.
(2)   Primitive Methodist Chapel (1845) on Hugh Lane.

They are close to each other and the Lanes are narrow and steep

Offline Ashlee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 September 12 21:14 BST (UK) »
Hi, I actually live in Bradwell and I was wondering if you would like me to find gravestones of your ancestors for you and maybe post some photos?
Rowland family of Youlgreave/Bakewell, Andrew family of Bradwell, Gascoigne family of South Yorkshire and Saxby family of Hull/Lincoln. Families in Bradwell, Hope, Castleton etc. (Hope Valley), Derbyshire.

Offline pete9708

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 15 September 12 14:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,
That would be great, I live in the other side of Stockport so it takes me about 1 and a half hours to get there depending on traffic through Stockport and Hazel Grove.
When I went there it was brilliant sunshine and I took some photo's of the double decker bus squeezing through the lane at Hall's Corner , Bridge Street, where the reknown Bradwell Ice Cream is sold.
But none turned out as the sun blocked nearly everything.
I did not take any pictures of The Hills or Dale End which I intend to do next summer.
If I lived in Bradwell then I would have documented and photographed every single Gravestone in every churchyard that I could find, hence if I think like that I was hoping someone else did.
I tried to post a picture I took last summer, I mean the last time we had a summer as we did not get one this year.
I am related to Betty, the owner of the ice cream shop and of the previous owners of Fringes previously a Butchers shop and prior to that The Bull's Head where my immediate relations worked.
This media will not let me attach any photographs and tells me the file is too large.
Please contact me via   

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php