Author Topic: James Carey married Phoebe Boys 1803  (Read 5943 times)

Offline Human51

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Carey married Phoebe Boys 1803
« Reply #18 on: Friday 28 April 17 18:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Kerry
Found it. Thanks for the link.

Best wishes
Caroline
Sussex: Honneysett, Pankhurst, Dann, Leaney, Selmes, Boon.
Surrey: Troughton
Essex; Lazell, Layzell and variants
Suffolk: Clary/Clarry, Smith
Galway, Ireland and Massachusetts, USA: Shaughnessy. O'Shaughnessy
Glasgow: Edwards

Offline Patches

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 01 June 18 22:37 BST (UK) »
Hi
My 5xgtgrandparents are Elizabeth Carey (daughter of John and Mary) and George Barden, so I thought someone here might be able help, I am trying to link up to some DNA matches.

Ancestry has come up with a DNA shared ancestor hint up my line to John Carey and Mary then down through Samuel Harmer and Pheobe Carey's son William. This will William moved to US in 1848 and is on the 1841 census with wife Hannah and children living in Ashburnham.  My problem is that Sam and Pheobe had 10 Children all baptised in Ashburnham (SFHG) but not one called William, so, match trees have William born 1798 (which meant poor pheobe was having yearly babies) but trees have no birth/bap proof or any source.  So if my DNA match links through our 6thgtgrandparents then William must be a son of one of John and Marys sons, I think thats how it works :-\

If anyone has any info on Williams birth I'd be most grateful, please don't spend hours searching, I have and can only come up with his address an the 1841 census putting him in the right place 43 years to late.  I am going to add him to an "Unknown" son to John and Mary as the DNA line is there somewhere.

I really don't get this DNA thing lol.

Dee

Kent - Jones, Wigley, Rigden, Philpott, Perry, Irwin, Booker, Durling, Saker, Venner, Nutting, Giles, McNalty, Burley, Crowhurst, Ford & Roots,
Sussex - Badcock,  Barden, Barham, Bridger, Carey, Courthope, Crampton, Ford, Wright, Dadswell, Okill, Elliott, Hepden, Jarrett, Foster, Marchant, Selmes and Warnett
Fife/Mayo - McNalty
Bucks - Folley & Spufford

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 02 June 18 11:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Dee

I've just had a look at my tree and I have him on it, and his wife Hannah Mitchell.  Maybe he just wasn't baptised?  I have just checked the tree that I was provided with when I joined the Harmer Family Association and he is on the tree there also, as Samuel and Phoebe's son.  Not sure where their information came from but that must be where I got mine from.  I come down through their last son, Robert Carey born 1814.

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Patches

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 02 June 18 16:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Distant Cousin  :)

Ok So I will put William with Sam and Pheobe, if the Harmer Family Association say so then I guess they are right, I had a look at their website, they seem to have researched them really well, shame they are not my line as i would love to join.

My Carey line is just beginning, working my way through SFHG Hooe baptisms, it's going very slowly  :-\ I get the impression it's a rather large family, but I have a few DNA matches to my Carey and  Babcock howevermanytimesGrgrandparents. so I need to get this right before I can add any DNA people, I have copied this chat to a word doc to help me later as I will forget it, thanks for your help.  And will keep an eye out for your Robert, he's not on my tree yet  :)

Thanks again
Dee
Kent - Jones, Wigley, Rigden, Philpott, Perry, Irwin, Booker, Durling, Saker, Venner, Nutting, Giles, McNalty, Burley, Crowhurst, Ford & Roots,
Sussex - Badcock,  Barden, Barham, Bridger, Carey, Courthope, Crampton, Ford, Wright, Dadswell, Okill, Elliott, Hepden, Jarrett, Foster, Marchant, Selmes and Warnett
Fife/Mayo - McNalty
Bucks - Folley & Spufford