Author Topic: My great grandfather is a bit grubby  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: My great grandfather is a bit grubby
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 18 May 19 18:54 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat, Jen hasn't been on Rootschat for 10 years so you may not get a response.
Added....I misread the date that Jen was last on Roots as 2009 so please disregard the above
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 18 May 19 19:01 BST (UK) »
Just a slight restore:

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 18 May 19 19:29 BST (UK) »
Did you realise that It was posted 10 years ago Japeflakes!
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 18 May 19 20:11 BST (UK) »
Carol

Not till I read your message . Oh dear. Never mind. I blame these digital clocks.  So difficult to tell the time now :-(. Thanks for letting me know.

Offline Brianwsb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 18 May 19 20:13 BST (UK) »
Carol

Sorry no I did not how can I get in touch with my relative?

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 18 May 19 20:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Brian,

Welcome to RootsChat. When you reply to a topic like you just have done it will automatically send an email notification to the member to let them know of your reply.

Although the post was made 10 years ago genjen is still active and was online about 10 days ago, I am sure she will reply soon.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Brianwsb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 18 May 19 20:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sarah many thanks for your prompt reply which is appreciated

Offline genjen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 19 May 19 18:53 BST (UK) »
Noooo….it hasn't been ten years! I don't spend as much time on Rootschat as I used to but still check fairly regularly and will always respond to some who replies to one of my posts.

Hello Brian,

We are indeed related, through Clarence Howe. My grandfather was John McIntosh Howe. I think I might have spoken, on the phone, to a member of your family in Greenock some years ago. Whoever it was gave me a thorough telling off about the behaviour of my grandparents, who apparently never got in touch again after they moved to Middlesbrough around the time of WW2. I took the blame squarely on my shoulders although I wasn't born until several years later!! ;D

I grew up near Middlesbrough but have lived in Cumbria for the past forty years.

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

ESS: Howe French Cant Annis Noakes Turner Marshall Makerow Duck Spurden Harmony
SCT: Howe Shaw Raitt Milne Forsyth Birnie Crichton Duncan McBeath Daniel Hay Robertson Jaffrey Smith McDonald Alexander Craighead
NRY: Bushby Smith Bland Iley Cunion Kendrew Thornbury Favell Lonsdale Crossland Rudd Pratt Gibson
WES; Dickenson Jackson Ewbank Waller
STS: White
SRY: Knight
DUR: Smith Littlefair
HAM: Williams Grose Lush Venson

Offline Brianwsb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 19 May 19 19:08 BST (UK) »
Noooo….it hasn't been ten years! I don't spend as much time on Rootschat as I used to but still check fairly regularly and will always respond to some who replies to one of my posts.

Hello Brian,

We are indeed related, through Clarence Howe. My grandfather was John McIntosh Howe. I think I might have spoken, on the phone, to a member of your family in Greenock some years ago. Whoever it was gave me a thorough telling off about the behaviour of my grandparents, who apparently never got in touch again after they moved to Middlesbrough around the time of WW2. I took the blame squarely on my shoulders although I wasn't born until several years later!! ;D

I grew up near Middlesbrough but have lived in Cumbria for the past forty years.

Hi Jen,
No idea who that was in Greenock as my mother Margaret (nee Glass) died in 2008 and my father in 2010 but I have information on our side of the Howe family - my phone number is (*) for a chat?
Kind regards,
Brian

(*) Moderator Comment: phone number removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php