Author Topic: Northiam Parish Records-TREE  (Read 14882 times)

Offline judt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Northiam Parish Records-TREE
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 28 April 12 09:32 BST (UK) »
Griffess Trees' death certificate lists his mother's name as Elizabeth Ashdown (unknown father).  Elizabeth Ashdown married William Tree in Woodchurch, Tenterden, Kent (about 12 miles from Northiam) in 1792 according to the Mid-Kent Marriages website.  William and Elizabeth baptised 5 children between 1793 and 1806 in Northiam, but Griffess (born 3 Sep 1808 according to his obituary) either wasn't baptised, was baptised elsewhere or the record has been missed/lost.  A William Tree (aged 40) was buried in Northiam in 1812, so this is most likely Griffess' father.  Elizabeth Tree (widow) married Richard Hicks in Northiam in 1813, presumably for help supporting the 6 children.  Have not been able to determine exactly what happened to Elizabeth Ashdown after this.

Hope this helps. 

Regards
Judy

Offline TreeHugs

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 07 May 12 07:10 BST (UK) »
Hi I am searching for Daniel James Tree born 1798/1802 Northiam Sussex, England wife and is the mother to Adeline b.1831 Northiam, Sussex, and her brother Edwin b.1834. They all came to South Australia in 1839 on the "resource" but Adeline's mother had died on the voyage as did their infant child. Not so sure if his parents are that of William and Martha. Not even sure if Mary Cecilia Tree is his cousin or sister.....He did married twice more in Adelaide to Charlotte Manning and had 5 boys of which one is called Robert Griffiths Tree, also married a Elizabeth Houghton & Sarah Louvel. they is also a possible marriage to a Eliza Parkinson. His daughter Adeline has two daughters that she has name Elizabeth & Eliza...Elizabeth was her first born. I was wondering could Daniel James Tree have married a Elizabeth and her being Adeline & Edwin's mother.

If i could get some help with finding Adeline's mother it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Lisa

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 07 May 12 08:56 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome
The only marriage for a Daniel Tree on the Sussex marriage Index is to Mary Boots in 1803.  It is in Northiam.     There isn't anything later for your Daniel James Tree.  I wasn't quite clear what his first wife was called.
You may find it worth while to join the Sussex Family History Group as they have a lot of Northiam records available online for members.  Having said that, I can't see baptisms for Adeline or Edwin in Northiam.  The only baptism in Northiam for Daniel is the one in 1798 to William and Martha.
Andrea

Offline TreeHugs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 07 May 12 10:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sillgen, for a real quick response so much appreciated....the marriage to Daniel tree and Mary Boots may not been mine. Just have to keep searching. And i will give the Sussex Family Group a go as well.  :D

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 07 May 12 12:41 BST (UK) »
Having looked further it seems as if Daniel and Mary had their children baptised in Beckley and another parish I can't remember now so not likely to be yours.
Andrea

Offline TreeHugs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 07 May 12 12:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sillgen for your geneous help.  ;)

Offline CRTAussie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 06 March 16 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I just very new to the Family History searching, but am related to Griffess Tree, my paternal great, great grandfather, and was wondering if anyone has additional information to all that was discovered below?

Best regards,

Colin

Offline judt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 06 March 16 23:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Treehug
When looking for Daniel Tree in the English records, do not include the middle name.  Daniel James (born 1852 in SA) was actually the son of Daniel Tree (bap 1798 in Sussex).  The SA records have actually mixed this up a bit, which is where the confusion has occurred.  According to FamilySearch, a Marian Celia Tree was born to Daniel and Mary Tree - baptised in Bethersden, Kent, in 1817.  Daniel Tree and Mary Hodges married a couple of weeks earlier in Bethersden.  I think Daniel (b 1798) and Griffess were related through their fathers, who were first cousins.  A Daniel Tree witnessed the marriage of Griffiths and Elizabeth, which I assume was most likely this Daniel.  It's really unfortunate that none of the records mention the name of the Daniel's wife.  It's also possible his first wife died and he married again, then had Adeline and Edwin (both born in the 1830s in England).  Or children born between Mary Ann and Adeline died or didn't want to come to Australia.
Hope this helps.
Judy

Offline judt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 07 March 16 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Colin

What info are you looking for in regarding to Griffess?

Did I meet you in LCPL 2 decades ago?

Regards

Judy