Author Topic: MOORHOUSE ~ West Yorkshire  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Dartmoor

• RootsChat Member
  • DAVIES * MAHER * MOORHOUSE * STENTON * MAYBANK
    • View Profile
MOORHOUSE ~ West Yorkshire
« on: Thursday 31 July 08 09:29 BST (UK) »
Looking for all Moorhouse names and varients.

I'm particularly interested in names from the Sheffield Barnsley area of West Yorkshire.

I have a growing database with names I'm willing to do a look up, just give me PM with your request and details.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: MOORHOUSE ~ West Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 November 08 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am researching Beaumont's is Holmfirth Huddersfield. West Yorkshire.

The Beaumont we have problems with are the Father and mother of of John Beaumont Born 1816 Damhouse Cartworth Holmfirth, there are 3 possible dads
Abraham b 1778 Newmill Holmfirth
------"-----b 1780 Bent in Hade Edge holmfirth
Abr------- b  1779 Scholes Newmill Holmhirth

We think! through their religion of sibbling around locations
that Upperthong /Netherthong Abraham was the Dad of John b1816. Abraham was the son of Joseph Netherthong who we believe married Ruth Moorhouse of Upperthong abt 1770/3

In John Beaumont b 1816  on the 1851 census residence  location in upperethong Holmfirth with wife Charlotte Haddock married  local in 1841! there is a lodger called Duke Moorhouse b 1803 Woodale Holmfirth son of William! we thing he could be a cousin through  John's mother Ruth Moorehouse's  and son of her brother William.

Other than Parish reg with vauge lacation there is little info re 1837 and most marriage certs/Par reg give little if not any info AS TO PARENTS AS SAID PR 1837.

I would be gratfull for any help you could adives on

Regards Dave

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth