Poll

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP

BROSELEY
0 (0%)
BAGLEY FAMILY
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: bagley family graves and info BROSELEY  (Read 1136 times)

Offline ann johnston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
bagley family graves and info BROSELEY
« on: Tuesday 25 January 05 20:01 GMT (UK) »
HI
i have recently startted my family tree and i am looking for as much info on the BAGLEY FAMILY they were around in 1854 onards i am particularly in trested in finding their graves they lived at 9 barratts hill broseley in 1891 and 71 cape court in 1901
the family names are BAGLEY

CHARLES, ELIZABETH, ERNEST, ETHEL MARY, HENRY, JAMES, JAMES ALFRED, JANE, MARY JANE WILLIAM

that all the info i have this is all one family by the way i hope you can help if not can you please point me in the right direction

thanks

ann

Offline janway

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: bagley family graves and info BROSELEY
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 January 05 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi...........don't know if this is any help

the parish church for Broseley is All Saints C of E
the records will be in the Shrewsbury record office.
If you look for deaths on freeBMD the registration district is Madeley.

there is also a baptist church and St Winefride Catholic

Janway
Charnley/Lancashire; Dobson/Slaidburn;

This Information is Crown Copyright from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Brady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: bagley family graves and info BROSELEY
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 February 05 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried the Broseley Family history website? it is excellent!

The Cof E church is known as the all saints but beleive it was also known as St Leonards Broseley.
The web address is :http://www.broseley.org.uk/

from the website:Extracts from

The Wellington Journal

and

Shrewsbury News

29th April 1899

ACCIDENT.– ON Monday, as a youth named Charles Bagley was stepping out of a swing-boat, his foot slipped, and he fell to the ground, striking his forehead against some ironwork, which in­flicted a very nasty gash. He was carried off the ground insensible to the surgery of Messrs. Collins and Boon, where every attention was paid to him.

13th May 1899

THE SWING BOAT ACCIDENT.– At the Clarenden Hotel, Shrewsbury, on Tuesday, an inquest was held by Mr. R. E.­ Clarke relative to the death of Charles Bagley of Broseley, who died in the Salop Infirmary, on Sunday, from injuries received in a swing boat accident. On Monday fortnight deceased was at Broseley Pleasure Fair, and in getting out of a swing boat, he fell and under the next one, which was in motion. In getting up, deceased was struck on the head by the descending boat; a deep wound was inflicted, from which blood flowed.- Cecil E. Salt, house Surgeon at the infirmary, said Bagley was brought there the day after the accident. He was dazed; he had a wound in the forehead, and below it the skull was fractured. For some eight days deceased went on very well, when inflammation of the membrane of the brain set in.–A verdict of “Accidental death” was returned.

Names: Troth, Elcock, Cadwallader, Brady
Areas: Shropshire, Stafford, Worcestershire Co.Longford, Lanark