Author Topic: mary agnes moon  (Read 7686 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mary agnes moon
« Reply #18 on: Friday 03 August 18 03:34 BST (UK) »
He also has a John Moon (1808-1895) Married to Ann Bonny. This John's parents are Thomas Moon and Ellen Hardman.

I know this is an old thread. Thomas Moon and Ellen Hardman were my direct ancestors. I discovered them only recently. They were Catholic. They had a large family, most of whom survived to adulthood.  2 of their sons had a wife/wives called Ann Bonny; I don't know if she was the same woman. The elder son died very soon after he married Ann.
I'm descended from a granddaughter of Thomas & Ellen. She married a William Moon from Kirkham.

I found this thread through looking up Moon in Surnames Interests. I saw that JASD had included Salwick in the places connected with Moon. That's where Thomas & Ellen lived.

Cowban

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mary agnes moon
« Reply #19 on: Friday 03 August 18 03:41 BST (UK) »
A new thread this week is about a book "The Moons of Amounderness" by Robert Cunliffe Shaw. The thread was started by zannette.  Shaw also wrote books about Kirkham.
Cowban

Offline zannette

• RootsChat Extra
  • The Guy family, Liverpool 1905
    • View Profile
Moons of Hollowforth
« Reply #20 on: Friday 03 August 18 08:09 BST (UK) »
JASD lots of good info in your post, and glad to see my own research confirmed as correct. Regarding Henry Moone b1527, I have him as a tenant of Moon's Farm, Hollowforth, near the water mill on Barton Brook. He was my 12th great g/father. Another Moon built Moon's Mill. Regarding Mathias Moone b1775 m Alice Plumb these are cousins of mine. He and family all went to USA and the children/descendants are in Utah. I believe they converted to Mormans through the agency of visiting preachers. A very interesting site is adventurersinfamilyhistory.blogspot, and I'm still after that Moon book!
Guy - Liverpool, Prescot
Armour - Farnworth/Liverpool
Bowskill/Bouskill - Settle/Liverpool
Gidman - Astbury/Liverpool
O'Neill - Belfast, Antrim/Liverpool
Shaw - Belfast
Smith - Lanarkshire/Belfast