Author Topic: McINTYRE FAMILY  (Read 9702 times)

Offline Ian in Wigan

• RootsChat Extra
  • THE BANKS FAMILY
    • View Profile
McINTYRE FAMILY
« on: Wednesday 26 January 05 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm looking for any links or info however small with regards to my McIntyre family research,

It says that my gg-grandfather Michael McIntyre was born in Co Mayo on the 1871 census for Wigan, Lancs, Eng.
Michael was born about 1848.

Any help or info with regards to my McIntyre family would be very much appreciated,

1871 Census, RG 10/3884 Folio 160, 64 Platt Lane, Wigan

Michael McIntyre head marr. 23 Mine filler at Ironworks Ireland Co. Mayo.
Margaret McIntyre wife 21 Wigan
Hugh McIntyre son 1 month Wigan

Thankyou for your time,
Best Wishes & Kind Regards,
Ian in Wigan, Lancs.

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McINTYRE FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Ian
there is  some  family Mcintyre in co Mayo on the BVI but the first record is 1868 if it might help I could send it for you
audrey

Offline Ian in Wigan

• RootsChat Extra
  • THE BANKS FAMILY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 12:32 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou so much Audrey for your very kind help,

It would be great to receive any info on McIntyre,

Thankyou for your time,
Very Best Wishes,
Ian

[email removed to prevent misuse: moderator]

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou so much Audrey for your very kind help,

It would be great to receive any info on McIntyre,

Thankyou for your time,
Very Best Wishes,
Ian

[email removed to prevent misuse: moderator]

thats done

Offline Ian in Wigan

• RootsChat Extra
  • THE BANKS FAMILY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou Audrey,

I will keep the info on file for future reference

Thanks for your time,
Very Best Wishes,
Ian

Offline Jenny White

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 02 September 05 17:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Ian,

I too have an interest in a McIntyre family born in Ireland and living in Wigan in 1881.

My great grandfather Michael McIntyre born abt 1853 in Ireland was living in Wigan in the 1881 census with his widowed mother Mary born abt 1820 in ireland and Sister Annie McIntyre born abt 1960 in Ireland.  Michael's father was Owen McIntyre born abt 1820 in Ireland but was deceased at the time of the 1881 census.

I wondered whether you had come across these names during your research.

Regards

Jenny White
COCKSEDGE, MCINTYRE, WHITE, MARSH, CARR, HATTON, GREEN, GRIFFITHS, MEEK, PHILLIPS, GORNALL, TABERNER, FAIRCLOUGH, PANTRY, KELSEY, ROWBOTTOM, COY, DREWERY, ASHLEY, BINNS , SATTERFITT and many others. Main areas, Suffolk, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Lincs, Gloucestershire, Staffs, Somerset and Ireland.

Offline Ladypenelope86

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 02 November 18 23:50 GMT (UK) »
Hey Jenny

I am a descendant of Michael McIntyre too from Wigan (married to Mary Taberner). His son James McIntyre is my great grandfather. The furthest I could trace this line back was a William and Mary Taberner living in a Lancashire village in the late 18th century. Where do you fit into the puzzle? Have you found anything further out?

Therese

Offline Jenny White

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 03 November 18 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Therese, it's quite a while since I did any family history so it's a surprise to hear from you. Your great grandfather James McIntyre was a younger brother to my grandfather John Michael Mcintyre born 6 Nov 1887 in Wigan, parents Michael McIntyre and Mary Taberner. I have traced Mary Taberner back through her father Peter Taberner and mother Isabella Wright, and Peter's parents Thomas Taberner and Elizabeth, but after that things got a little muddled, so nothing definite on them. I have details on the other people I mentioned but nothing specific on Thomas and Elizabeth Taberner I'm afraid. I'll have to start looking again. I hit a lot of dead ends a few years ago so things might be different now. Don't suppose you have any more info on the McIntyre line in Ireland, that too was a dead end before Michael and is mother and sister but I do have some info on them too. Don't know what you have so don't want to duplicate anything.

Regards Jenny
COCKSEDGE, MCINTYRE, WHITE, MARSH, CARR, HATTON, GREEN, GRIFFITHS, MEEK, PHILLIPS, GORNALL, TABERNER, FAIRCLOUGH, PANTRY, KELSEY, ROWBOTTOM, COY, DREWERY, ASHLEY, BINNS , SATTERFITT and many others. Main areas, Suffolk, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Lincs, Gloucestershire, Staffs, Somerset and Ireland.

Offline Ladypenelope86

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 03 November 18 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Hey Jenny

I am so thrilled you wrote back, especially given the length of time since you wrote the post. Sadly I have no more information on the McIntyre side - other than that they may have been from Donegal which you may already know. The Irish records are just not as easily obtainable I have concluded.

Would love to hear more about the Taberners and Wright family ( if you have the time of course). Are you still living in the greater Manchester area or did your family move away? I grew up in Coventry but have actually just moved to South Manchester for work.