Author Topic: McINTYRE FAMILY  (Read 9804 times)

Offline Ladypenelope86

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McINTYRE FAMILY
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 03 November 18 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Thanks too ThrelfallYorky for your links! So many great tips today - I feel so much more informed now.

Offline Jenny White

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 04 November 18 08:59 GMT (UK) »
my grandfather John Michael McIntyre (we always called him Poppa) and his wife Jane Gornall left Wigan for Yorkshire around 1910 and settled originally in Wombwell near Barnsley, Yorkshire. They moved with Jane's father and some of her brothers to work in the coal mines. They later moved to the Pontefract area in Yorkshire, again for coal mining. Thus is where I was brought up but I have lived in Doncaster since I married. My mum, my grandfather's youngest child, will be 89 next month and still lives in the Pontefract area. She never knew any of her own grandparents as she was a late addition to the family. I am going to try and add an attachment to this message, it is some information and my notes on what I found a few years ago on the families I mentioned, you may want to check now. If you do find any mistakes or can add anything to it would be appreciated. You have given me the incentive to start researching again. If I can help in any way let me know.  My mum tells me that she recalls some of her dad's family visiting them from Wigan and I too have a vague memory of this, not sure if any of them was your great grandfather. She says some of them visited whilst attending the races, Doncaster hosts the St Leger Classic horserace every September. If you cant open the attachment let me know.

COCKSEDGE, MCINTYRE, WHITE, MARSH, CARR, HATTON, GREEN, GRIFFITHS, MEEK, PHILLIPS, GORNALL, TABERNER, FAIRCLOUGH, PANTRY, KELSEY, ROWBOTTOM, COY, DREWERY, ASHLEY, BINNS , SATTERFITT and many others. Main areas, Suffolk, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Lincs, Gloucestershire, Staffs, Somerset and Ireland.

Offline Jeanhayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Therese
James McIntyre was my grandfather, my mother was his daughter Elsie and I am guessing that your grandad was her brother Jim who lived in Coventry. If I am correct your grandmother was Bridie and your father must be Michael or Paul McIntyre. If I’m right do get in touch as we are also trying to do a family tree but would love to hear more from you.
Jean

Offline Ladypenelope86

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 11 March 20 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jean. That is right! My nan was Bridie and my dad is Paul McIntyre. Where are you based now? We were in Coventry but I live in Greater Manchester now. Lovely to hear from you.

Offline Jeanhayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 12 March 20 18:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi I still live in Wigan as do most of the family, if you’re in greater Manchester you can’t be too far away from me. Your grandad’s youngest brother, Roy, only lives a couple of miles from me and I am going to try and see him over the next few days as I’m sure he would be delighted to see the photograph of his parents. How far did you get with the family tree, my daughter made a start a few years ago but got stuck after a couple of generations.
Perhaps we could meet up sometime.

Offline RTaberner

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 03 October 23 23:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Jenny,
I have just come across your post and I’m the last Taberner standing from this branch, as far as I know. It’s been wonderful to read about your research as I know very little about the Wigan-based Taberner line, so thank you.
My grandparents are JOHN TABERNER & DOROTHY SMITH (both passed away in August 1996 in Wigan). My mother only passed the TABERNER name to me, and my uncle has no children, so it’s just me and I’m now married.
John also had a sister JEAN TABERNER in Parbold. She married into the HEATON family.