Author Topic: E-mail problems with Virgin.net - COMPLETED PROBLEMS SOLVED  (Read 11766 times)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Has anyone an ancestor who looks similar to this?
    • View Profile
Re: E-mail problems with Virgin.net
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 14 August 08 23:30 BST (UK) »
Since 9pm Tuesday, some customers on our Virgin Media DSL service may have been unable to access email or webmail. This was due to a hardware fault suffered by one of our email suppliers affecting a number of ISPs. However, no customers on our cable service were affected. We have been working closely with our supplier to restore services, with a partial fix now in place.

All affected customers are now able to check their email through the webmail service, with full service already restored to a third of affected customers. Due to the nature of the failure, some old emails from the time of the outage may not be immediately accessible, but will be delivered gradually to customers' mailboxes. Historical mail has not been permanently lost. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Seems it wasn't just Virgin.  I wonder who the other ISPs were.

Lizzie

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline downside

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Make my day
    • View Profile
Re: E-mail problems with Virgin.net - AN UPDATE
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 14 August 08 23:43 BST (UK) »
The traffic light has changed from red to amber on the status page but email is still not downloadable via Outlook.

At least I can read email via webmail but you can't click on links so it is a bit tedious having to copy and paste a URL into the address bar at the top of the screen.

Fingers crossed it will be back to normal tomorrow.
Sussex: Floate, West
Kent: Tuffee
Cheshire: Gradwell
Lancashire: Gradwell

UK Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline downside

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Make my day
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 15 August 08 08:41 BST (UK) »
Tomorrow has arrived and I've now got all my mail via Outlook.

Some of it is dated Tuesday, but according to Virgin Media it was only a problem that started yesterday.  I hate it when they say things like that. >:(

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 15 August 08 10:41 BST (UK) »
Downside - Tomorrow might have arrived, but my e-mails haven't!  As you say, it's a bit tedious having to cut and paste the URLs, but I'll live with it until it's totally fixed.  It must be being corrected in batches I suppose, especially as I said previously my OH hasn't had any problems at all.

Lizzie

Offline downside

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Make my day
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 15 August 08 17:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Lizzie

My email service is back to normal now but I have just had a look at the Service Status page and there is still an amber light next to email.

It can't be long now before everyone has a normal service.

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 16 August 08 01:13 BST (UK) »
Downside

My e-mails suddenly appeared about 6.30pm, thank goodness.

Lizzie