Author Topic: Haines england 1800s  (Read 14626 times)

Offline blinky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Haines england 1800s
« on: Wednesday 26 January 05 18:32 GMT (UK) »
looking for any haines,i know of haines in wiltshire but before 1800 and after1900  they seem to disapear.
haines and hunt in wiltshire,gloucester,swindon.
neville in gloucestershire.
dixon in wiltshire.

Offline weevil

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Haines england 1800s
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 January 05 11:53 GMT (UK) »
My own Haines ancestors are all from Norfolk, around the western corner of the Broads (Wroxham, Salhouse, Coltishall, etc), and I'd be happy to hear from anyone with similar interests.  It's a widespread and common name I think, but the Haines spelling seems to have been less common in early 1800s and quite rare earlier.  The spellings Haynes and Hayns (also Hayn and Hain) seem to be more frequent in older records.

Offline blinky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 January 05 14:09 GMT (UK) »
my haines family didnt start in wiltshire and my part of the haines family live in and around essex,so our family could meet up at some point.how far back have you gone with your research?
haines and hunt in wiltshire,gloucester,swindon.
neville in gloucestershire.
dixon in wiltshire.

Offline MrsLizzy

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • A Woman Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 January 05 20:41 GMT (UK) »
I have two Haynes ancestors, both London but may have originated elsewhere.  Catherine was born 1846 in South London, daughter of Robert Haynes, a labourer.  Never made any further progress yet, but Catherine married Thomas Redfearn in 1865.
Connell (Mayo & Lancs 19th/20th c) Culling (Norfolk & London 19th c) Diss (Essex) Giesen (UK only 19th/20th c) Hackney (London) Henbest (Kent & Sussex) Hughes (Mayo to Burnley, Lancs & Edward, Parachute Regiment 40s, 50s) Lister (London) Maltby (Marylebone) Mayo (Glos) Nials Noquet (Huguenot) Phillips (S London) Poulain (France & London) Rayner (Halstead, Essex) Pratt (Kent & Sussex) Redfearn (London) Silk Speller (Rodings, Essex) Thompson (S London) Thurley Trundle Wade Westley

Offline IOW Maiden

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 30 January 05 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
my Haynes at the moment reach back to Haworth Yorkshire in abt.1816 when James Haynes married Hannah Jowett, have yet to find James birth, another researcher for the same line says the family originated from the Bristol area, so if anyone comes across a birth of James Haynes abt 1790/1795 give or take a year or two please let me know. I have about four generations upto my grandma who was born 1920 in Yorkshire.
All Lock/e's Isle of Wight
Hobbs, Brown, Jacobs and Payne,Isle of Wight
Haynes,Sharp,Moisey,Wood,Blackburn and Earnshaw in West Yorkshire
Denham and Claughton Leeds
Hanmer in Ruabon and Llansilin Wales,St Martins Shropshire,Durham,South and West Yorkshire.
Cox and Holmes Birmingham

Offline bpking

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 28 June 05 13:39 BST (UK) »
My own Haines ancestors are all from Norfolk, around the western corner of the Broads (Wroxham, Salhouse, Coltishall, etc), and I'd be happy to hear from anyone with similar interests.  It's a widespread and common name I think, but the Haines spelling seems to have been less common in early 1800s and quite rare earlier.  The spellings Haynes and Hayns (also Hayn and Hain) seem to be more frequent in older records.

My Haines/Haynes/Hanes family were also from Norfolk. They lived on the Norfolk/Cambs border in Welney & Littleport. I am currently stuck on a marriage of John & Alce HANES. They had a son baptised John in 1769 in Welney but no other children after. John senior remarried in 1775 so presumably Alce died between 1769 and 1775. I'm sure they had earlier children elsewhere so if anyone can identify them or know of a John Hanes baptism pre 1755 I would be very interested.

Regards

Brenda

Offline bpking

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 June 05 13:45 BST (UK) »

My Haines/Haynes/Hanes family were also from Norfolk. They lived on the Norfolk/Cambs border in Welney & Littleport. I am currently stuck on a marriage of John & Alce HANES. They had a son baptised John in 1769 in Welney but no other children after. John senior remarried in 1775 so presumably Alce died between 1769 and 1775. I'm sure they had earlier children elsewhere so if anyone can identify them or know of a John Hanes baptism pre 1755 I would be very interested.

In the 1800s my family were living in Welney, Stow Bardolph and Stow Bridge in Norfolk, Littleport in Cambs and Fleet and Gedney in Lincolnshire.

Regards

Brenda

Offline trudilg

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 09 April 06 14:50 BST (UK) »
Loads of Haines in Leicesterhire aroung 1800's . I have my family tree on Genes re-united if you want to look.

Offline bpking

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 10 April 06 01:09 BST (UK) »
Loads of Haines in Leicesterhire aroung 1800's . I have my family tree on Genes re-united if you want to look.

Thanks for the offer but all my large family were around Littleport/Welney/Stow Bardolph in the 1800s, I've just lost a marriage ceremony for the mid 1700s which I'm sure will not be too far away, it's just more difficult finding it being around the Cambs/Norfolk border.

Brenda