Author Topic: looking for descendants  (Read 1678 times)

Offline genefinder

• I am sorry my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
looking for descendants
« on: Saturday 16 August 08 14:01 BST (UK) »
hi rootschat
I am looking for anyone that know of descendants of the Scottish martyrs sent to Australia for sedition there were 6 all told.Skirving.Muir Margarot Palmer  Gerard.
Mealmaker. can anyone help with this ?would there be any in Scotland ?Have just read the book  Scottish Martyrs now i am obsessed
                                                                 gen
pennington /huddersfield pennington/australia goddard/ uk may/uk bevitt /uk harvey/ uk/devlin/ ireland  murrell uk faux /tasmania jones /ireland nordstedt/sweden  hughes/uk  henry/uk mccarthy /australia quinn/australia

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Templar75

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: looking for descendants
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 March 09 00:04 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if you are aware but there is a memorial in Edinburgh to them at Waterloo Place, it is a long Needle, please see photo attached, by kind permission of DavidFarmbrough.

It was erected in 1844 and stands in what was the old Calton Burial ground, next to it was the Calton Jail no longer there, the Jail was demolished but the part next to the needle remains and is part of St. Andrews House.

Best.

Archie

Offline Ronbucks

• RootsChat Member
  • The Lion Rampant;The Flag Of The Kings Of Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: looking for descendants
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 November 20 05:42 GMT (UK) »
I believe that I am a descendant of William Skirving
Brown, Easson, Baird, Wilkie, Winton, Minto, Devine, Hill, Porter, Bruce, Halket, Martin, Watson, Devine, Galloway, Fernie, Abercrombie, Skirving, Hunter, Aitken, McNair, Wishart, Tyrie, Smith, Fairweather, McLean, De Palma, Hastings, Russell, Christie, McDead, Gartshore, Chalmers, Fyall, Anderson