Author Topic: were is corraclevin  (Read 10774 times)

Offline noelie25

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: were is corraclevin
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 January 09 01:29 GMT (UK) »
Cooraclevin is a townland in the village of Barna Co. Offaly. It consists of a Church (RC) and a shop and couple of houses. There was once an RIC Barracks located there. Up to 1919 every little village in Ireland had an RIC Barracks. Barna is located in a triangle between Dunkerrin, Cloughjordan and Moneygall. The O Shea family have resided in Barna for many generations. The ancestral burial ground of the O Shea family is Rathnavogue in Co. Tipperary. Hope this will be of some help.

Regards

Noel

Offline El salmon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 10 November 09 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
I don't know if I can help all that much. I presently live in corraclevin and know the RIC barracks which you speak of. It is being lived in to this day after being renovated many decades ago.
The O'shea family still reside here in corraclevin, I don't know any McCarthy's or Byrnes in the immediate area but there are byrnes in the local village of Dunkerrin. If any further info is needed, don't hesitate to ask.

Offline Sijo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 14 February 11 00:05 GMT (UK) »
hi happy camper    my greatgrandfather William Shea was born in Cooraclevin in 1838 . He had a brother Tom born there in 1839. They may be Honora s brothers.   Regards Sijo ???

Offline scarlett0017

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 11 May 17 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,  New to rootschat as well.  I am looking for somebody who came from "Corraclevin", "Mary Shea", father "William Shea".  The name could also be "O Shea", "William" was a farmer.  "Mary" is my Great Grandmother, she married "Patrick O Shaughnessy" in "1904" and was living in "Dublin", she died sometime around "1910-1911".  "Mary" is not listed in the same grave as "Patrick" because we were able to get his grave's location and all that are buried with him, so we are wondering if she was buried in Corraclevin near her home town.  "Mary" was a servant girl, "Patrick" was a railway guard/porter.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 11 May 17 14:21 BST (UK) »

Offline scarlett0017

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 12 May 17 10:18 BST (UK) »
This looks like her death in 1910. Number 360.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1910/05429/4517850.pdf

Thank you so much, with those dates i was able to look it up on another website and get the numbers i need to apply for the certificate. :)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 12 May 17 10:33 BST (UK) »
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1910/05429/4517850.pdf

Thank you so much, with those dates i was able to look it up on another website and get the numbers i need to apply for the certificate. :)

Why apply for a certificate when all the information is on that image???

Offline scarlett0017

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 15:02 BST (UK) »

Why apply for a certificate when all the information is on that image???

It is, i can make out some of the wording, but not it all.  I've got most of the other certificates to go into the family tree book, so this will be a very great addition.  :)

Offline scarlett0017

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 23 May 17 20:54 BST (UK) »
hi happy camper    my greatgrandfather William Shea was born in Cooraclevin in 1838 . He had a brother Tom born there in 1839. They may be Honora s brothers.   Regards Sijo ???

I think this could be the same William Shea I am looking for, brother Tom sister Honora. 
Did he marry an Elizabeth Maher?