Author Topic: ON THE TRAIL OF A GIANT!  (Read 773 times)

Offline yorkshiregiant

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ON THE TRAIL OF A GIANT!
« on: Wednesday 20 August 08 14:57 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
        Just completed after many years research,the story of Henry Alexander Cooper the Yorkshire Giant who eventually went to America and Canada in the Circus and died in Calagary Canada 1899.Now published a book on his life known to date and created a website where his photo can be seen & also link to the book if reqd or can buy direct from Lulu Publishing under the history section.I decided to publish to preserve this man into history as he was a distant relative to my wife here in England.It all started out as an exercise to see if he existed and to see if he was related to my wife.I proved this on both counts and the satisfaction ,meeting new relatives along the way and finding new pieces of his history that were not generally known have given me a lot of pleasure so I recommend anyone to study their family tree.my website is at www.cooper-yorkshiregiant.co.uk
Thanks
Ian

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: On the trail of a giant
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 August 08 16:21 BST (UK) »
"Cor stone the crows"..... :o
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Has anyone seen Henry Atcherson Carson,born Canada 1844?