Author Topic: Windross Family  (Read 10393 times)

Offline crystal-tips

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:Windross Family
« Reply #9 on: Monday 24 May 04 14:00 BST (UK) »
A lot of my info is via AW message above - he is
"the Windross man" ;D
Not sure what you know on the Windross family - George & Rachel had 3 children Edward, Amelia & Hannah.
Will send you a private message with my e-mail address and then pass you onto AW.

Researching-Schofield, Wood, Dent, Jackson, Dickinson, Gray, Windross, Gelderd, Lightfoot, Stockdale in Yorkshire, Harding in Devon, Sturley in Pembrokeshire, Price & Parry in Liverpool & North Wales, Butler, Laverty, Brennan, Doyle, Ferns in Liverpool & Ireland, Drysdale, Hunter, Dewar, Abercrombie, Hunter in Scotland

Offline crystal-tips

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 24 May 04 23:40 BST (UK) »
George Windross was bap 11th July 1769 he was born in Cold Kirby. Rachel Fawcett was born in Scawton. The children I have are Edward 1798 Amelia 1802 Hannah 1804 but "AW" may well have more. I have already contacted him and he thinks you are in Australia?
If you send me your e-mail via private message he is happy for me to pass on his contact details- he has far information than me.
Researching-Schofield, Wood, Dent, Jackson, Dickinson, Gray, Windross, Gelderd, Lightfoot, Stockdale in Yorkshire, Harding in Devon, Sturley in Pembrokeshire, Price & Parry in Liverpool & North Wales, Butler, Laverty, Brennan, Doyle, Ferns in Liverpool & Ireland, Drysdale, Hunter, Dewar, Abercrombie, Hunter in Scotland

Offline vk3st

• I am sorry but my email and website no longer work
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Windross Family
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 December 04 12:51 GMT (UK) »
 ::)
Does anyone have Thomas Windross, b 1835, South Cave Yks, Marr to Hannah b 1843. I have them listed with 12 children. Samuel, Elizabeth,jJane, Edward, George,Thomas, Mary, John, Anne, Eliza, Emma and James. Birth areas vary from Birdsall, North Dalton, Hull, Haisthorpe, Huggate etc.

Most of the family are now in the Barnsley general area now.
My web site will show what I have and would certainly appreciate any input to expand my wife's side of the tree.

Thankyou

Ian Foster

Moderator comment by Ticker - link fixed

http://www.users.bigpond.com/i.foster/index.htm
Foster Windross Talbot Harvey Madsen Rasmussen Wilson Winder Jenkinson

Offline yorkshire dick

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 13 February 15 14:06 GMT (UK) »
My ancestors Windross family came from the Thirsk area in North Yorkshire.Would be interested in hearing from you.
I have traced the family back to the 1600s.
Best wishes Yorkshire lad

Offline AEW1961

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 02 October 20 11:04 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I am also researching the Windross family of Cold Kirby.  I believe that I am descended from William Windross B 1685 and Elizabeth Metcalf B 1695 through their son William B 1712. William Windross married Ann Long B 1713 and had son David Windross B 1738. 
My research shows David Windross married twice to an Ann Gibson (3 children) and to Jane Hardwick (5 children) - my line.  I have DNA matched to descendants from 1 child of David and Ann and to 2 descendants of David and Jane.

Does this research accord with anyone else's research?  I see that William Windross and Elizabeth Metcalf come up above in discussion above.

I would like to know whether William and Elizabeth Metcalf & William and Ann Long had other children as I would love to find a DNA match at this level.

Alison

Offline AEW1961

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 03 October 20 19:23 BST (UK) »
Hi AW
I have had a look on the internet for your Windross information and was unsuccessful.  Please could you send me a link. 
As set out in the most recent message of this thread - I am descended from William Windross & Elizabeth Metcalf - William - David & Jane Hardwick - Jane Windross m Thomas Kirk (they had 10 children) I am related to their daughter Sarah Kirk de facto marriage to William Young had 1 son William Young Kirk Young (my great grandfather).  I have various DNA matching on the Young, Kirk, Windross/Hardwick, Windross/Gibson branches.
I hope to hear from you.
My main tree is on Ancestry.
Kind regards
Alison

Offline AEW1961

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 08 October 20 09:27 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
Hoping someone can advise me of link to the Windross site referred to in the thread above.  I have looked for it but cannot find it.  Thank you
Kind regards
Alison