Author Topic: beaney  (Read 7661 times)

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • great grandmother Emma Jane.
    • View Profile
Re: beaney
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 28 August 08 21:19 BST (UK) »
tiggi and cat,thanks for the research,im afraid i dont have any documentary evidence at the moment,just stuff ive found on census returns online over the past few hours.i had elizabeth mary,sometimes just mary,beaney b c1825 in my tree,she married my ancestor john coveney,but ive just discovered from another g u member that she was married before to a person unknown,so the marriage entry is intresting,though its possible mary was born as late as 1830,she married john around 1850.this g u member also gave me her son frederick b1847,fav.im pretty certain the ephraim beaney on 1901 is the frederick beaney on 1891,and that susan is the susan that frederick married,but was emma up to 1901.perhaps emma was her middle name.either way,i can find no record of an emma or susan shaw b sandwich or anywhere in kent on any census.the ephraim that went to america certainly sounds like him.i remember when i was looking at the beaneys from old wives lees,one of them was in england on one census,then 10 years later he was described as a naturalised american,but still in england,so he must have gone there and came back.imgoing to have another look at records then come back.regards and thanks again,nel. 

Offline CatOne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 29 August 08 09:12 BST (UK) »
Did you not see my reference for the 1851 census for Susan/Susannah in Battersea? Her birthplace is transcribed as "Sandwick" on ancestry -

HO107/1577 Folio 214 Page 4

and in 1861 in Marylebone, with widowed mother Ann and brother Francis -
RG9/73 Folio 113 Page 21

Regards
Cat  :)

ps. Peter and Ann in 1841 HO107/494/14 Folio 7 Page 6 (with aunt Susan Roberts although she a "FS" in 1841)
Dunning/Downing, Osborn/e, Astley -Cheshire/Birmingham/Middlesex
Fanthorpe/Hall/Driffill/Storm - Lincolnshire
Bower/Woodward/Bingham/Pettinger/Shaw - Nottinghamshire
Shaw, Marland - Lancashire
Broph(e)y - Queens County, Ireland
Richards - Neath Swansea
Hunt/Fox - Lincs, Waterfield/Middleton - Staffs
Hart/Harland/Askew/Scales - Yorkshire
Brereton/Vickers - Cheshire
Gleaves/Sandford/Hulse/Hulme - Wolstanton/Audley Staffs
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 29 August 08 10:31 BST (UK) »
cat,thanks for that,ive had a look at the 1841,cant make out peters occupation,looks like ind.i wonder if peter and ann married in that area of london,it would probably have been just after 1837 given her age.it would be intresting to know her maiden name,trouble is there are going to be hundreds of possible anns on record,it would take forever.looking at all this,its clear ephraim wasnt a traveller at that time,but whether he was ethnically romany is a different matter.the name changing is intresting,and his name,unusual first name and well known romany surname.also his occupation,many rom worked in kent brickfields through 1800s and settled round them,i have others in my tree.i shall keep digging,regards,nel.

Offline CatOne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 29 August 08 15:38 BST (UK) »
Possible marriage in 1840 Marylebone to Ann Jones or Ann Haines?? This was the most likely one I could find before 1841 in one of the areas that the family lived in during later censuses :-\

The births of their children (Laurence Peter, Emely, Louisa and Susannah) are in the indexes for Eastry district so you could get one of the birth certs to confirm mothers maiden name.

Regards
Cat  :)
Dunning/Downing, Osborn/e, Astley -Cheshire/Birmingham/Middlesex
Fanthorpe/Hall/Driffill/Storm - Lincolnshire
Bower/Woodward/Bingham/Pettinger/Shaw - Nottinghamshire
Shaw, Marland - Lancashire
Broph(e)y - Queens County, Ireland
Richards - Neath Swansea
Hunt/Fox - Lincs, Waterfield/Middleton - Staffs
Hart/Harland/Askew/Scales - Yorkshire
Brereton/Vickers - Cheshire
Gleaves/Sandford/Hulse/Hulme - Wolstanton/Audley Staffs
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 29 August 08 21:43 BST (UK) »
cat,thanks for that,he appears to be the only peter shaw to marry in london in that time frame,the areas about right and the wife is ann haine.its a shame the marriage wasnt after 1841,then i might have been able to find something on her family.ill keep looking,nel.

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 17:29 GMT (UK) »
If you've Beaney's in your tree, its worth searching for Beeney's, Beney's, and Beeny's as well. That surname had so many variations!
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 04 April 09 12:27 BST (UK) »
John COVENEY married Elizabeth Mary BEANEY 1852 in the Faversham RD http://freebmd.rootsweb.com

1861 - Faversham

John COVENEY head mar 32 lab b. Ospringe
Elizabeth wife 39 b.Faversham
Frederick son 13 b.Faversham
Emma dau 9 b.Faversham
Alfred son 6 b.Faversham
Mary Ann dau 2 b.Ospringe
Henry son 1 b.Ospringe

RG9/526 folio 191 page 19

I would suggest that 13 year old Frederick is the Frederick BEANEY you are missing in 1861

Mary Elizabeth BENEY baptised Faversham 1821 dau of William & Elizabeth http://www.familysearch.org - if this is her it doesn't look like there was any previous marriage as you menton above.

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Shizara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 24 April 10 13:41 BST (UK) »
I have William J Beaney marrying Annie A Walkinshaw, 1927, West Ham, Essex.

Annie, I think, is Annie Amelia Walkinshaw, born c1902, Walthamstow, Essex,  daughter of Annie nee Brown and George William Walkinshaw.

I have Annie Walkinshaw's ancestry back a few generations.
KILLEY, MULCARE, FAIRCLOUGH, GRIFFITH, BREADNER, Lancashire, England.
BROOKS, COLE, PURCHASE, MAY, LITTELL, HOWELL, MULCARE, CANE, East London, England.
GODDARD, Saffron Walden, Essex
RAYMENT, Epping, Essex
WALKINSHAW, Walthamstow, Essex
BEANEY, Walthamstow, Essex