Author Topic: IZATT  (Read 5390 times)

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
IZATT
« on: Saturday 30 August 08 10:08 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone I started this thread in Wrexham searching for TURNER roots and its led me to Edinburgh so any help would be appreciated  Margaret TURNER 1902 married a JAMES IZATT 1903  they got married in 1922 and went on to have 11 children all born Edinburgh.I am trying to find Margaret's siblings they areThomas TURNER1903 believed to be in Newcastle Alice TURNER 1906 I was told she had a daughter possibly born 1943 Llewellyn TURNER1908 Tranent area he had a son and a daughter I think the sons name was Davies Llewellyn.IZATT is quite an unusual name so I am hoping this might ring a bell with somebody  Thanks Bernadine
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

Offline KirstyG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: IZATT
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 August 08 19:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Bernadine,

I don't know if you have been there, but the Fife board has a number of threads involving various members of the Izatts/ Izetts over several centuries. Some of them have started tracing back from the 1900s so you might find someone there who has information about James and his family - including inlaws.

I believe there is a search function you can use to find all threads containing a name, but i've not used it myself.

Kirsty
Galloway,   Landers,   Lindsay,  Gillespie,  Irvine
Erskine,   McAdam,  Hawthorn
Robertson,   Duncan,   Edmonstone,    Black
Anderson,  Nicholson,  Crombie,  MacDonald
Arch, Herbert, Charlesworth, Chapman

Offline Jenny Arneil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 February 16 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello, My mother in law's birth mother was called Alice Turner izatt and so I wonder if she is related? My mother in law was adopted when she was 3 years old so doesn't know much about her birth family. What is your connection? Thanks Jenny

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 February 16 12:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jenny

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Can I just check...  Have you been able to trace any info on Alice Turner Izzat, at least to be able to confirm that she is deceased?  RC have a privacy policy to exclude publishing details on people who may still be alive in order to protect someone's identify.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 February 16 13:03 GMT (UK) »
Jenny, there is a death of a Alice Turner Izatt in 1958 in Edinburgh, born c. 1921. Is this the Alice you mention? If so, have you viewed her death cert to confirm details on her family (parents' names etc.)?

Monica

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 27 February 16 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica  :) ,

The other surname showing on the 1958 death is Ross.

Possible related search ?
I am trying to trace any relatives of my Mothers her name was Alice Turner Ross and her mother was Margaret Turner Izatt.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 February 16 14:47 GMT (UK) »
That fits well, Ev  :)

Old post on another forum (need to go back and find) which mentions someone having an extensive tree on the Izatt line (James' line up I think).

Monica

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 27 February 16 14:50 GMT (UK) »
This is the thread from elsewhere that I saw earlier www.talkingscot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12321

Bernadine who started this thread here also started this post on TS.

Monica

ADDED: There are four connected people who have added these Izatt family names on GR here www.GenesReunited.co.uk/tree/results/izatt?memberkey=0&yearofbirthrange=0&birthplace=edinburgh&page=1 It is free to register, but you need a subscription to be able to connect and send messages.

Offline Jenny Arneil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 27 February 16 22:05 GMT (UK) »
Apologies Monica, I have not done any research other than a google search last night which brought up this thread. Please delete my post if it breaches the rules (which I will now read).
Thanks
Jenny