Author Topic: Walter Watkins, Vicar of Beguildy 1723  (Read 4979 times)

Offline Mimble

• RootsChat Member
  • Annie Louisa Jones of Aldon
    • View Profile
Walter Watkins, Vicar of Beguildy 1723
« on: Tuesday 02 September 08 19:30 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know of a directory of clergy which can give any information on this person? The date is hard to read and could be 1723, 5 or 8.

Someone I know has a silver plated snuff box inscribed with the above which he inherited from his great grandmother. Intruigingly, her brother was called Walter Watkins Stedman b. 1855 and I am wondering whether that indicates that the Watkins family was related. They are siblings of my great grandfather and I am trying to trace the origins of their mother's family. Their grandparents came from Beguildy.
Mary
Morgan, Wilcox, Hulbert, Olive - Gloucestershire; Diggines, Gill, Rivers, Bull, Powell, Howell - Bristol; Hulley, Cawood - Yorkshire and South Africa; Stedman,  Hamar, Luther - Shropshire; Staddon, Rawle, Richards, Kemp -  West Somerset; Jones - Bettws, Montgomeryshire and Mainstone, Shropshire; Williams - Beguildy, Radnorshire; Coleman - Kent; Gradwell - Lancashire;  Moodie -  Orkneys; Montgomery - Armagh, Down and Kildare; Parke - Kildare and Wicklow; Brangan - Bandon, Cork.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.