Author Topic: Walter Watkins, Vicar of Beguildy 1723  (Read 5142 times)

Offline Mimble

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie Louisa Jones of Aldon, great grandmother
    • View Profile
Walter Watkins, Vicar of Beguildy 1723
« on: Tuesday 02 September 08 19:30 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know of a directory of clergy which can give any information on this person? The date is hard to read and could be 1723, 5 or 8.

Someone I know has a silver plated snuff box inscribed with the above which he inherited from his great grandmother. Intruigingly, her brother was called Walter Watkins Stedman b. 1855 and I am wondering whether that indicates that the Watkins family was related. They are siblings of my great grandfather and I am trying to trace the origins of their mother's family. Their grandparents came from Beguildy.
Mary
Morgan, Wilcox, Hulbert, Olive - Gloucestershire; Diggines, Gill, Rivers, Bull, Powell, Howell - Bristol; Hulley, Cawood - Yorkshire and South Africa; Stedman,  Hamar, Luther - Shropshire; Staddon, Rawle, Richards, Kemp -  West Somerset; Jones - Bettws, Montgomeryshire and Mainstone, Shropshire; Williams - Beguildy, Radnorshire; Coleman - Kent; Gradwell, Strickland - Lancashire;  Moodie -  Orkneys; Montgomery - Armagh, Down and Kildare; Parke - Kildare and Wicklow; Brangan - Bandon, Cork.