Author Topic: CARVER Ramblings Part 2  (Read 74401 times)

Offline Paul Egan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CARVER Ramblings Part 2
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 05:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for posting the PDF image for Bev. I connect the image to Benjamin Ray Carver, born on 8 November 1845 in Australia to Rosanna Welch, age 28, and Benjamin Carver, age 40.

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 12:12 GMT (UK) »
Yes, thanks Chris.

The gentleman on the left is my great grandfather Robert Carver born Wrestlingworth 1855.

Re Neil (Easby) he hasn't been around since June last year but I imagine he will be back at some point , Bev could try sending him a personal message.
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Chris Carver

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jan, I have sent him a personal message
London - Carver Philbedge<br />Sheffield - Carver Lindley Lockey Denton Naylor Barnes Wright Fawkes Bradshaw White Allen<br />Durham - Lockey<br />Wales - Philbedge<br />Beds - Carver<br />South Africa - van der Sandt, Heydenrych<br />Somerset - House Hembery Marshall Parsons Bell Dare Neath Gray

Offline Trudy55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday 25 April 23 21:57 BST (UK) »
Hi all

I’ve finally had a DNA test through Ancestry. It hasn’t come up with any close matches, so wondered if anyone other Carvers on here had taken one?

Chris
Hi Chris I have only just found this site (or should I say my husband found it for me). I am in Australia and descended from Benjamin Carver's daughter Ann from her marriage to William Paris.  I have done a DNA test but I think our connection is too far back to show up as a match as you are not in my list of matches and with recombination we may not have any DNA in common.  Who would be our most recent common ancestor?  Would be great to hear from you if you are still using this site.

Offline Trudy55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday 25 April 23 22:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you for posting the PDF image for Bev. I connect the image to Benjamin Ray Carver, born on 8 November 1845 in Australia to Rosanna Welch, age 28, and Benjamin Carver, age 40.
Hi Paul I have only just found this site (or should I say my husband found it for me). I am in Australia also and descended from Benjamin Carver's daughter Ann from her marriage to William Paris. Ann has quite the interesting tree.  Which child of Benjamin's and Sarah's are you descended from?

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: Thursday 27 April 23 14:43 BST (UK) »
Good afternoon Trudy

Neither Chris nor Paul have been around since 2021, but hopefully they are still getting notification of replies and will pop back soon. Chris also has contact with Bev who is  descended from Benjamin and lives in Australia.

Jan
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Trudy55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: Friday 28 April 23 00:45 BST (UK) »
Good afternoon Trudy

Neither Chris nor Paul have been around since 2021, but hopefully they are still getting notification of replies and will pop back soon. Chris also has contact with Bev who is  descended from Benjamin and lives in Australia.

Jan
Thank you Jan for letting me know.  Are you also a Carver descendant?  I am not sure how this site works :)

Offline Paul Egan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: Friday 28 April 23 01:06 BST (UK) »
Hello Trudy, welcome to the ramblings and my great great grandmother was Mary Anne Marler/Marlow, daughter of Ann Carver and the Drum Major Thomas Marler. Happy to share my research of the Paris family. Regards Paul

Offline Trudy55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: Friday 28 April 23 02:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Trudy, welcome to the ramblings and my great great grandmother was Mary Anne Marler/Marlow, daughter of Ann Carver and the Drum Major Thomas Marler. Happy to share my research of the Paris family. Regards Paul
Hi Paul

That would be wonderful.  I am also happy to share what I have as well.  It took some time in me early years of research to discover that Ann had in fact been married three times before William Paris.  I saw the name Thomas Marlowe in a copy of the Will but of course had no idea who that person was.  What is the normal process for sharing - is it through here or via email?