Author Topic: Family of Samuel Cranch And Elizabeth nee Webb  (Read 18571 times)

Offline bellbird

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Family of Samuel Cranch And Elizabeth nee Webb
« on: Thursday 04 September 08 08:21 BST (UK) »
I am trying to make connections with descendants of the abovenamed, my grandparents.  All of their children have died so there is only the next generation and those following to find.  Their children were, Florence, Ida, Myrtle, Ethel, Vera (my mother) Harold, Norman and William.  The children's births were registered at Carterton, but from memory most of them resided in the Waikato area, Te Aroha, Paeroa' Rotokauri, and Cambridge mainly. i.e. the ones I can remember meeting as a young child.  I would like to be able to complete my family tree, I have been given information of earlier family in Devon, but have been unable to get confirmation or information about them through Devon connections on Rootschat.   If you are part of this family or know of them please contact me through Rootschat.    Bellbird

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Family of Samuel Cranch And Elizabeth nee Webb
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 September 08 09:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Bellbird,

Try the following site, just had a quick search for the Cranch name and found Harold, Thomas William mentioned. the site says you are welcome to contact them for further info.

www.cambridgemuseum.org.nz
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 September 08 10:08 BST (UK) »

Sorry, did not read your posting properly. For  descendants of these Cranch's try;

www.whitepages.co.nz

There are only 20 listed in the whole North Island :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 05 September 08 06:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Bellbird

To improve your chances of finding these CRANCH descendants, it may be a good idea to include here,  the married names for Florence, Ida, Myrtle and Ethel.    (Obviously though you won't need to include details for Vera).

(If you're not sure of married names, give a shout ... we have a marriage CD available which can be searched).

Lu

Offline bellbird

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 05 September 08 21:45 BST (UK) »
Morning Lu  you were asking for the married names of the Cranch girls.   They are Elizabeth Ethel Harrison, Lilly Myrtle Bowring, Florence Beatrice Fielder, Ida Alma Knight, Vera Bond.  They all passed on some time ago and I am trying to find those who followed to complete my family tree.  Since putting up my request I have come across some other Cranchs one of whom appears related, but they again have died.  The one who appears may have been Mums brother is William Samuel John who married Ada Florence Reynolds, their son Clive Laurence (b 1924 d 24/4/93) who married Tui Beatrice Boyd, their son Cecil Laurence (b 2/10/1948 d 3/8/86) married Vivienne Cathryn Lillicrap, their daughter Rebecca Jane of Auckland b 20/2/74 d 30/8/86
Then 3 other Cranch folk  Maxwell William who married Karen Irene Garry, their son Michael Ashley b 13/12/70 d 14/6/68  Middlemore was a connection don't know which of the two generations.  Basil Mt Eden Auckland b 11//5/1914 d 30//4/1938   Then the earliest  William Cranch who married Mary Goldsworthy with Thomas and a date 1868 and Thames they had a daughter Maria.  Interesting how  one side of each of my parents families are difficult or in one case seemingly impossible to find anything about, however something may crop up in the future.  I have been told there are only about 20 Cranchs listed in the White Pages so maybe it has to be a lucky dip in writing to one in each area and hoping they may be interested in family tree and/or  in responding.  Wow a fine sunny day today GREAT :) :) :D :D ;D ;D ;D
 BELLBIRD

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 06 September 08 00:32 BST (UK) »

They are Elizabeth Ethel Harrison,     Lilly Myrtle Bowring,    Florence Beatrice Fielder,   Ida Alma Knight,    Vera Bond.

Hi Bellbird

Well hopefully some descendants will find you through RootsChat.     :D

But in the event that that doesn't happen, you may find details of family members in probate records ?

All the following are held at Archives NZ (Auckland office) :

*  Elizabeth Ethel HARRISON - 1945
*  Frank Roland HARRISON - 1964

*  William BOWRING - Waihi, farmer,  -  1959

*  Alfred Dalton FIELDER - Te Aroha, retired farmer - 1964

*  Vivian Hazeldean KNIGHT - Rotokauri, farmer - 1973

Also a number of probate records for surname CRANCH.

Good luck.

Lu

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 06 September 08 06:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Bellbird,

There is a tree on Ancestry for Maria Cranch, born 1868 Thames. They do not seem to know her parents names, so maybe you would like to contact them with your info. I am sure this would be appreciated.
She married James Robertson in 1892.

Trish

Can contact for you if you dont have access. P.M. me.

Offline bellbird

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 06 September 08 08:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish  Thanks for the info on marriage of Maria Cranch.  No I don't have access to Ancestry so if you could kindly let the folk who have that family tree know what I put have found and they could contact me by email
XXXX as I would be pleased to run this family tree too and see if it connects in some way with my mothers.  Thanks again Bellbird.

Email address removed by moderator. Please use the secure PM system to avoid spam and other abuses.

Offline bellbird

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 06 September 08 08:29 BST (UK) »
Lu Thanks for the information re probate records how do I contact The Auckland Archives you mention?  As you say family member names may well be mentioned, I would expect it if probate is like a will in naming people etc.Bellbird