Author Topic: Family of Samuel Cranch And Elizabeth nee Webb  (Read 18571 times)

Offline leiking

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Family of Samuel Cranch And Elizabeth nee Webb
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 01 October 08 22:33 BST (UK) »
Hi, my sister entered her on the IGI, not me as I prefer to do more research to clarify the information before I make a firm decision.  I must say that in my research on our Cranch family, I was told by the Cambridge museum that either my ggrandfather Thomas or Samuel or one of the others fathered other children - and we have the name of the mother of the child at home.  So I wouldn't be surprise if Annie is related to the family in some way - what happen was the mother of this Cranch child tried to abort the baby - did not succeed and it made the local papers as she went to Court.  I dig it out on the weekend and enter it on.  So it does pay to keep an open mind until we can find something else.  The Cambridge museum does have some excellent information on the Cranch family.  My ggrandfather's stuff will make you laugh like anything - I dig that out too.

Lei-Anne

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 01 October 08 23:23 BST (UK) »

Wow Lei-Anne   ... interesting "stuff".    ::)

Looks like we're in for some "excitement" ?    ;D

Lu

Offline bellbird

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 02 October 08 09:13 BST (UK) »
Lucy 2  Yes I've been quiet, my ihug/thunderbird wouldn't operate and I was looking through after work and other demands.  Also tutor from Stroke computer group came around to try and show me how to scan and other attached things.  Hope to be able to scan photos and email them, much quicker and cheaper than photocopying.   Annie Muriel Cranch born Jan 1891 - unless Elizabeth Cranch was a wonder woman she can't be my family.  Ida was born September 1890 and Annie Jan 1891   A FOUR MONTHS PREGNANCY !!!!!!!!!!
Don't think so.  One record I saw for her put her living 100 years maybe but maybe death date given on chatroom site might be more accurate.  BELLBIRD

Offline bellbird

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 02 October 08 09:32 BST (UK) »
Lei-Anne  The person who gave the info on John Powell Thomas Grant, take a breath,  Webb my ggfather and Jane Jolliffe Ackerman said he saw your name with a query dated 2000, he sent an email but it came back.  As you'll see on my chatroom site that alot of info has been given and questions asked.  I have "found" a cousin whose gmother is Mary a sister of Elizabeth Cranch (nee Webb)
Any chance of getting a copy of Elizabeth Cranch Will.  My cousin has a copy of Jan J Webbs she says, a long story but feelings caused her to not leave anything to Elizabeth but a sewing machine to her oldest daughter Ethel.  Could give you the whole story if you like.  Elizabeth Cranch died 8/12/1940 and buried at Hamilton East Cemetery  Location AA1-B-31 buried with Samuel.  IGI has Annie dying 1991 100years??? maybe a different one  - must check what I've printed off.  Cambridge Museum would only have info on Sam and Elizabeth, they shifted up there with unmarried part of family, others married from Carterton,  as Mum was only born in 1904 it was some time after that as she had schooling at Bevedere School.  She said she was taken from school to look after her mother a diabetic - all others married by time she was 11 she said.  The Museum said they had an Obituary for Elizabeth and some other bits and pieces.  In 1901 at Carterton the house and contents burnt down according to Evening Post Report.  Have you read in Papers Past about the rucus Jane's brother Henry caused at their place. at Upper Hutt.  Oh yes JPTG died at Upper Hutt said to be buried in St Johns Anglican Church grounds Trentham, haven't been able to trace it no gravestone I've heard.  Love to have anything you have on ggfather, something I'd love to have esp is photos of Jptg and Jane.  After he died Jane went to live in Palmerston North with her daughter Mary where she is buried but that's a story in itself as to where.  Must off tobed so I stay awake long enough to deliver my freight.  BELLBIRD

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 02 October 08 09:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Bellbird

Firstly .... just a correction.    It wasn't ME who made the comment about you being quiet !    OK  ?    :)

Here's the reference from the NZ Birth Index for Annie.

1891 - CRANCH - Annie Muriel - (Folio # 1134) - Reg'd. Auckland - 2nd Quarter :

(And from the earlier posting on this thread - death record for Annie Muriel WARREN at Purewa Cemetery, Auckland - died 28 September 1964) :

:)
Lu

Edited to add year of birth :

Offline Cranch researcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 02 October 08 09:59 BST (UK) »
Lu,
What year was that birth reg for Annie Muriel, please?

With an Auckland ref we can just about rule her out of Samuel's family.

Zelda Floris is now the 'spanner in the works' because with a Cambridge birth reg she is more likely to have some connection with the family.

Thanks for your sterling work in tracking down these NZ BMD refs - it really helps straighten things out.
Cranch - Devon; London; Anywhere.
Moore - Honiton, Dev.

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 02 October 08 11:04 BST (UK) »

Blimey   ...  how dopey am I    ???     Forgot the year.    :-[

1891 -  CRANCH - Annie Muriel [F#1134] Reg. Auck. 2 Q

;)

Offline Cranch researcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 02 October 08 15:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Lu ;)
Cranch - Devon; London; Anywhere.
Moore - Honiton, Dev.

Offline bellbird

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 02 October 08 18:47 BST (UK) »
Cranch Researcher  Adele researcher at Carterton hasn't seen any reference to  Annie but an email said she will look at school records again.  Wonders if her name is right.  Either way don't think the mystery woman could be my family because of birth dates e.g. 4 month pregnancy if said to be ours.  BELLBIRD