Author Topic: Brocks in Australia  (Read 8318 times)

Offline gina1427

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brocks in Australia
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 September 08 17:07 BST (UK) »
Yes we are connected to Isaac Brock of Guernsey

Isaac Brock was my 4x Gt Grandfather William's cousin.

I have a large file of Brock info. Will happily look through if you send me some names. There are certainly some from Cambridgeshire and Nottinghamshire may be a link, they are the right side of the country :) :) :)

Gina
Brock, Kortright, Hitch, Ambridge, Axtell

Offline meles

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 September 08 18:00 BST (UK) »
I'll PM you.

meles
Brock: Alburgh, Norfolk, and after 1850, London; Tooley: Norfolk<br />Grimmer: Norfolk; Grimson: Norfolk<br />Harrison: London; Pollock<br />Dixon: Hampshire; Collins: Middx<br />Jeary: Norfolk; Davison: Norfolk<br />Rogers: London; Bartlett: London<br />Drew: Kent; Alden: Hants<br />Gamble: Yorkshire; Huntingford: East London

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Brockytop

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 10 April 09 16:11 BST (UK) »
I'm are part of Brock DNA project in USA - it tests the Y-DAN that is unchanged and passeed down from male to male.

Are there any male descendants of Sir Issac Brock that could be tested?  Do you know any Brock's in the UK or Australia that would be interested in participating in the project?

Offline meles

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 April 09 16:18 BST (UK) »
My lot are not linked to Sir Isaac, as far as I know.

I might be interested in taking part in the project, if you can give more details.

meles
Brock: Alburgh, Norfolk, and after 1850, London; Tooley: Norfolk<br />Grimmer: Norfolk; Grimson: Norfolk<br />Harrison: London; Pollock<br />Dixon: Hampshire; Collins: Middx<br />Jeary: Norfolk; Davison: Norfolk<br />Rogers: London; Bartlett: London<br />Drew: Kent; Alden: Hants<br />Gamble: Yorkshire; Huntingford: East London

Offline Brockytop

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 11 April 09 22:57 BST (UK) »
http://www.brockancestry.com/dna/results.htm

http://www.brockancestry.com/dna.htm

Above are the links the project (Y-DNA results page and Home page).  It is a legitimate project.  The J2 Group found a Brack in Switzerland and confirmed matches with other J2 members in the USA.  So, they are actually not Brock but Brack. 

I'm in the R1b1b2 group.  This website does not show, but most of my matches are from Ireland, Scotland, Australia and England in general.

As far has I know no one in the project is connected to Sir Issac Brock.  From what I researched he has no living male ancestors.  And he himself did not have children.   

I'm trying to figure out where my Brock ancestor came from.  Rainey Wooten Brock was born in 1765 in Virginia.  That is as far back as I can trace it.  He married Nancy Rich the daughter of Nimrod Rich in Bedford County Va late 1790's.

You would think the name Rainey or Raney Wooten Brock is not common but I've had no luck so far.

Our project results are skewed to the J1 group because most of the participants are from one family in Kentucky.  We need more participants and oversees participants from Australia or UK would be great and could resolve many questions.  Pass this info on to any Brock's you know from around the world.

Offline Brockytop

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 24 April 09 03:06 BST (UK) »
What do you think Meles?  Know any Brocks that would participate in the DNA project?

Offline meles

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 24 April 09 06:41 BST (UK) »
Not at that price!  ;D

meles

Offline Brockytop

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 24 April 09 12:11 BST (UK) »
Yeah - I know the cost is high.  I'm just a participant and not in control of the project or pricing.  So, I'm not selling it.  But I just think it is a promising tool for tracing ancestory origins.  I already mention this in a PM I sent you, but I'll mention here again in case others read this post.

There is a contribution fund where memebers and non memebers can donate a contribution for particualr Brock lines.  I'm going to try and start a contribution fund for English Brocks in general.   If we can get enough donations maybe we can find a willing male Brock participant in England.

Thanks for your replies.   

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 24 July 11 10:27 BST (UK) »
Hi all... At present I am on my Welsh side of my family search.. however if this is a small bit of help.. My Brock family seemed to be mainly from Devon..and some of them resisied in wales.. much more info if you are interesed.. Heddon/Willmett. Goss/LOTT Truscott/' Hannah Jenkins '[Llangyfelach Inn]The Brock family ...many children..  please call me on   (*)      I  also had a auntie Violet...but differenet date.maybe a passdown of heredatry... best of good searches.. Diane

Moderator Comment: email address removed to help prevent spam and other abuses as per RootsChat Policy. Please use our secure PM (personal message) system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You.

Note: New members need to make 3 postings before the PM system is fully functional

For Information on How to Send a PM

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php