Author Topic: Completely Stuck - Please Help  (Read 15547 times)

Offline Lazylover

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Being driven slowly mad & blaming my ancestors
    • View Profile
Completely Stuck - Please Help
« on: Saturday 06 September 08 18:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys

I still haven't been able to find any information about George Rice Price Parry's birth / parents / siblings

I posted some information here:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,269450.msg1537495.html#msg1537495

and tried the site suggested but didn't find anything. I've had a look through Pigots Trade Directory for 1823 and couldn't find any Parry's.

I've got him on Census' for 1841 & 1851 in Wales - Living in Holywell; Occupation Tailor. In 1861 he's in the Workhouse at St. Asaph. In 1871 he's living in a boarding house in Bradford; Occupation Tailor.

In all these returns he states he was born on the Isle of Man but I can't find any evidence of this.

Its a major brickwall that I'd love to topple so any help would be appreciated.

RICE PRICE PARRY originally OWEN - Isle of Man, Holywell, Bradford & dissapeared!

Davies, Mold
Poulston, Denbighshire
Wright, Mold & Hawarden
Roberts, Flintshire
Darlington, Cheshire, Flintshire
Parry, Flintshire
Ellis, Buckley & Chester

I also run the STEERS One Name Study and am registered with the Guild of One Name Studies

Offline joyce341

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Dad aged two in 1891
    • View Profile
Re: Completely Stuck - Please Help
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 September 08 21:22 BST (UK) »
do you know that someone is doing a one name surname for Parry.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/im.griffiths/parryfamilyhistory/parryhome.htm

joyce
Hickman,Cleobury Mortimer,Shropshire/Staffordshire, Parkes,Dudley,Beddoes Lindridge,Cleobury Mortimer,
Asker,Snettisham,Norfolk,Newby Howe,Kensington,SuffolkLawrence,Greenwich,Bermondsey.Putman,Kensington,Hertfordshire.

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 September 08 22:46 BST (UK) »
Have   you   eliminated          George    Isaac   Pary     bapt.    13   May   1810   at    St    Mathew's   C  of  E

Douglas   IOM    parents   John   Pary   /    Margt.  Clarke.  ???   Very  few   Parrys   ever   in  IOM.

Offline Lazylover

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 September 08 12:18 BST (UK) »
Joyce, thanks for that I'll get in touch and see what info we can swop - have a large parry family!

Voirrey - i have seen the entry on the LDS website but I don't think its the right George. Throughout the records george referrs to himself as Rice Price Parry and Isaac doesn't feature in any of his offspring's names either.

RICE PRICE PARRY originally OWEN - Isle of Man, Holywell, Bradford & dissapeared!

Davies, Mold
Poulston, Denbighshire
Wright, Mold & Hawarden
Roberts, Flintshire
Parry, Flintshire
Ellis, Buckley & Chester

I also run the STEERS One Name Study and am registered with the Guild of One Name Studies

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 September 08 13:35 BST (UK) »
Is he possibly Catholic ? - the name Rice is often Catholic and there was a Rice family in Peel - see http://www.manxnotebook.com/towns/peel/rice.htm - if so then Catholic records don't seem to exist for that period - see http://www.manxnotebook.com/parishes/rcath/rc_bapts.htm for some recorded in Dublin which have a Rice family member as sponsor
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 07 September 08 19:14 BST (UK) »
Have   you   eliminated          George    Isaac   Pary     bapt.    13   May   1810   at    St    Mathew's   C  of  E

Douglas   IOM    parents   John   Pary   /    Margt.  Clarke.  ???   Very  few   Parrys   ever   in  IOM.
I think you will find this is Pavey not Pary - and also I think he is buried Braddan 18100928

Offline Lazylover

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 08 September 08 09:35 BST (UK) »
All of the family marriages / baptisms / burriels are carried out by the Parish Church in Mold - this is Church of Wales and Christian.

....and here was me thinking that Rice Price Parry is rather uncommon so would be easy to track......silly me!    :-\

Davies, Mold
Poulston, Denbighshire
Wright, Mold & Hawarden
Roberts, Flintshire
Parry, Flintshire
Ellis, Buckley & Chester

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 08 September 08 09:48 BST (UK) »
I understand that Roman Catholics consider themselves Christian (having possibly some 1500 years prior claim than the Church in Wales? (they disestablished many years ago so no longer 'of') ) - however it is not that unusual for a male to defer to his wife's wishes in religion.

Offline Lazylover

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 09 September 08 17:17 BST (UK) »
Religion confuses me and I certainly can't follow all the twists and turns of the family........

So.... if there were very very few Parry's on the Isle of Man maybe he wasn't born there - could he have been born elsewhere (say Ireland) and gone to the Isle of Man as a very young child? Does anyone know how common the Parry surname was over the water?

....thinking via posts now, he's got be going round in circles - seriously thanks for all your help so far.  :D

Davies, Mold
Poulston, Denbighshire
Wright, Mold & Hawarden
Roberts, Flintshire
Parry, Flintshire
Ellis, Buckley & Chester