Author Topic: PLEWS Family Tree  (Read 30185 times)

Offline northernexile

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PLEWS Family Tree
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 19 November 14 10:07 GMT (UK) »
William Archibald Plews married my great aunt Helen Wallace in 1886. Two of their children  were born in Edinburgh and one in Glasgow. Were you possibly related to John Wallace Plews who married Amelia in 1922.

Offline sandir03

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 21 November 14 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi northernexile,
                 Yes, it looks like we are related - in a round about way!!

Matthew Archibald Plews married Margaret Cossar. They had about 5 children that I know of, one being my great grandfather - John Cossar Plews who married Christina Ross. They had 6 children - son George Ross Plews was my grandfather, he married Robina McGie.

William Archibald Plews was one John Cossar Plews' brothers. He married Helen/Ellen Wallace - their son John Wallace Plews b. abt. 1896 married Amelia Jeanette Sutherland. Their children were - Matthew Archibald Plews, Margaret Keith Plews and John Wallace Plews.

Am I on the right track here?

Regards,
               Sandi

Offline northernexile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 23 November 14 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Yes you are. My chart came mostly from a RootsWeb site that was discontinued some years ago. I have George Ross Plews born 21 Mar 1889, but nothing else. His elder brother married Maggie Wallace  (no relation) in 1910. George was a witness. They had a son John Wallace Plews who married Jessie Braid Watson (daughter of a policeman) in  1942.
Did you know that John Cossar Plews was married twice. His first wife was Catherine Paterson. They had a daughter Catherine Nicol born in 1876 but died at three months. I have only five more children for John - John 1886-1967, George 1889, Agnes 1891, Margaret 1894 and Drysdale in 1897.
I am assuming that some Plews families emigrated. For example Margaret Keith Plews married Peter Stewart Mason in 1918 leaving no trace.
It would be nice to swap trees, but Rootschat  will not let me send personal messages as my last posts were mostly more than four years ago.
If you know a way please let me know.
John Wallace

Offline sandir03

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 23 November 14 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi John (northernexile),
                Great to catch up with a "family" member - even a distant one!!

Would love to share information about our Plews family and other links.

How about I try and send you a private email from Rootschat with my email details and see if we can continue this "conversation" offline?

Can you please check the email you have used for Rootschat and see if anything come through from me.

Sandi