Author Topic: History of St. Nathy's College Ballaghadereen  (Read 4325 times)

Offline XANDRA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
History of St. Nathy's College Ballaghadereen
« on: Sunday 14 September 08 23:50 BST (UK) »
I am at   the  moment researching  the history  of  St . Nathy's College  in  Ballaghadereen Roscommon .The  College  was  founded  in  1810 and  in  2010 it  will be  an  incredible 200 years  old . Thousands  of  students  passed  through  its classrooms  and  travelled  to  the  four  corners   of  the globe. I  am  searching  for old  photographs, news  items ,  memorabilia or  personal  memories  and  would  be  thankful  for  your  help . All  items  will  be  credited  in  the  book  and  returned .

Offline emr77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: History of St. Nathy's College Ballaghadereen
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 10:02 GMT (UK) »
My brothers attended St. Nathy's college Ballaghaderreen in the 70's and I have some photos. Provost Mitchell of Trinity College also attended in the 1960s. Eileen :o

Offline XANDRA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: History of St. Nathy's College Ballaghadereen
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi  Eileen ,
delighted  to  hear  from  you . I  would  be  very  thankful  if  you  could  gather  some  memories  from  your  brothers about  the  college ,  and  if  you  sent  on  the  photographs  or  a  disc  containing  them  to  the  college at  this  address  for   me , we  would  be very thankful . Take  a  look  at  the  college  web site  it  is  very  impressive   Thanking you , 
Xandra  kilduff
(*)
Happy  new  year .

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php