Author Topic: Dunnottar House  (Read 31441 times)

Offline genealpete

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dunnottar House
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday 05 September 18 18:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your message Willsg....I'd love to have the photos in high resolution, and I've sent a Private Message to you with my email address.

Kind regards (geneal)Pete

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline coplani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday 05 September 18 18:40 BST (UK) »
Hi again.....a wee bit more, for interest in your family....see this link...

https://www.GenesReunited.co.uk/searchbna/results?memberlastsubclass=none&searchhistorykey=0&keywords=frank%20ritchie&county=kincardineshire%2C%20scotland

and

https://www.GenesReunited.co.uk/searchbna/results?memberlastsubclass=none&searchhistorykey=0&keywords=ritchie&county=kincardineshire%2c%20scotland

Press cuttings that you can view for a small fee apparently...

As regards the purchase of Dunnottar House.....From the press cuttings again...
"Stonehaven journal. STONEHAVEN, MAY 23, 1901 Messrs Scott & Gardner, solicitors, have purchased for Mr W. H. Ritchie, Dunnottar House the estate of Dunnottar for the sum of £580,000."

And 20th.Feb.1890...
"MARRIAGE OF MISS RITCHIE OF DUNNOTTAR HOUSE
MARRIAGE OF MISS RITCHIE OF DUNNOTTAR HOUSE. At Paol’B Church, Knightabridge, Loudon, W.,on Monday afternoon, there was celebrated, with fail choral service, the marriage of Captain It. 11. Chapman, eldest son of Major General j Chapman of Weymouth, and....etc

Ian

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Willsg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday 05 September 18 20:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the tip Ian, I'll give it a bash and see if I can post the pics of documents for those who may be interested.  Thankfully I believe I've managed to reply to Genealpete via email.

Offline genealpete

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday 05 September 18 20:15 BST (UK) »
You have indeed WillSG....many thanks for the photos.

I'll reply to your direct email soon.

Kind regards Pete