Author Topic: Gamekeeper, Bodelwyddan Castle  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Liesbeth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gamekeeper, Bodelwyddan Castle
« on: Friday 26 September 08 10:42 BST (UK) »
A relation of my husband was John Edwards of Glascoed, Bodelwyddan, gamekeeper. I can find him on the census records, first married to a Hannah, and then to a Lucy, who ran the grocers shop at Glascoed. All in, he had eight children. Thomas Edwards, a son who became a coachman was our relative. But I would like to find mention of him in Bodelwyddan papers, perhaps even a photograph of him with other staff. Where would these papers be kept?
Williams (Llandygai & Bangor), Edwards (Bodelwyddan & St Asaph), Gifford (Delting, Shetlands & Liverpool), Vickers (Hulme, Manchester and Rushton, Cheshire), Glover (Simonswood & Liverpool)

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Gamekeeper, Bodelwyddan Castle
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 September 08 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hi there

Have a search on http://www.archivesnetworkwales.info/
it will list what papers relating to Bodelwyddan Castle are available and where they are kept

Sarah :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Davies/Griffiths/Smith/Woodward/Goodwin/Morrlle/Moralee - Flintshire

Moralee (and variants) - Durham

Offline RUFFLER

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 November 08 14:02 GMT (UK) »
GAMEKEEPERS INDEX  IF STILL AVABLE      S A E    DOLONA CLARKE 22 PORTOBELLO GROVE ,FAREHAM HAMPSHIRE PO16 8HU

OR WRITE TO BODELWYDDAN  CASTEL   AS ONLY YESTERDAY   I WAS TALKING TO SOMEONE ABOUT THE CASTEL    AND THE N TRUST  ARE DOING SOME RESEARCH   ON THE PEOPLE AND CASTEL THEY MAY  HELP YOU     REGARDS  NORMA

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 November 08 14:43 GMT (UK) »
http://www.denbighshire.gov.uk/EC/Place&Su.nsf/Web/PlaceB?OpenView&Start=1&Count=1000&Expand=12#12

This the Archives at Denbighshire county Council which has various references that may help.

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Liesbeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 December 08 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for everybody's advice, I am going to follow up all of them. I have since discovered that John Edwards son Richard was gamekeeper at Plas Gwyn, Pentraeth, Anglesey, so perhaps I can get the two of them. Thankyou
Williams (Llandygai & Bangor), Edwards (Bodelwyddan & St Asaph), Gifford (Delting, Shetlands & Liverpool), Vickers (Hulme, Manchester and Rushton, Cheshire), Glover (Simonswood & Liverpool)