Author Topic: Puffett/Puffitt  (Read 26495 times)

Offline Reggiep34

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Puffett/Puffitt
« Reply #27 on: Friday 04 May 12 19:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Puffett3 yes I am shetlandnow father my father was Sidney ,Albert's brother let. Me know if I can help best regards,Reg.

Offline alexanne

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 17 February 13 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi cherie80 i am albert edwards son from his second wife my name is victor alexander named after my dads twin brother who died shortly before i was born my dad died in 1977 i have been to filkins we have a lot of family there . I have done a lot of research on our family name and history with help of friends . So that makes me your dads half brother would love to hear from you

Offline Whalen_Puffett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 02:15 BST (UK) »
My wife Joy Puffett has very little knowledge of her family.  She has a mother that was an orphan (Marjorie JONES)  and her father was Arthur John Vernon Puffett born 1926 in Shrewsbury England.  She belives her grandfathers name is Arthur Puffett and he died shortly after WW2.  Her dad is still alive and lives in Canada with us but talkes very little about his past.  We know he goes by John or Jack and he was in the local Shrewsbury Paper for sailing a ship called the Inspire to New York Via Australia after WW2. 

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Offline Auntie Wyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 26 September 13 08:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Whalen-Puffett
Welcome to RootsChat

Does your father-in-law know/remember his grandfathers name? There is a Puffett family on the 1881-1911 census returns for Shropshire but without the name I can't make a definite connection.

If I can make the connection with this family then your wife and I may share an ancestor way back in the 1700s in Filkins/Broadwell Oxfordshire.

Lyn

Harness, Puffett, Lock(e), Abbey, Hercliffe, Ward, Alinson, Underhay

Offline tim_p

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 08 August 15 16:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Lizzy

We share the same ancestor John Puffett and Mary nee Smart of Filkins via your Henry's brother Daniel.
I have got 12 children for John & Mary nee Smart and 8 children for Henry & Sabina nee Cook.

Puffet   Robert       10 May 1769 Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary        
Puffet   William       02 Apr.1771    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary    
Puffet   John               13 Oct.1772    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary    
Puffet   Thos.       26 Jan.1775    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary    
Puffet   Susannah       25 May 1777 Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary    
Puffet   Henry       13 Feb.1780    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary     
Puffitt   James       20 Oct.1782    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary     
Puffett   Jacob       10 Oct.1784    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary        
Puffet   Ann         13 Feb.1786    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary        
Puffet   Susan       07 Oct.1787    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary        
Puffet   Christabella 22 Aug.1790    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary       
Puffet   Daniel       05 Nov.1792    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary of Filkins

Puffet   Thomas   03 Nov.1805   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina
Puffet   Jane           04 Jan.1807   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina        
Puffett   John           14 May 1809   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina  of Filkins
Puffet   Daniel   05 Jul.1812   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina        
Puffet   Mercy    26 Jun.1814   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina  Labourer of Filkins   
Puffet   Susannah   26 Jun.1814   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina  Labourer of Filkins
Puffet   James   14 Sep.1817   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina  Labourer of Filkins
Puffet   Thomas   10 May 1818   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina  Labourer of Filkins

I have accumulated a lot of info on this family so anything you need to know just yell.
Can I butt in here and say thank you to Auntie Wyn for what looks to be helpful information.  Pretty sure these are my ancestors and would love some more info if at all possible.  This is my first post here so apologies for jumping right in.
The details I have seem to show a branch of the Puffetts (my branch) ending up in Newport Wales - does that tie in with anyone else's family trees?

Tim

Offline Auntie Wyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 09 August 15 18:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Tim
I have just got a new p.c. and at the moment it just has the bare bones on it. It's been a long time since I played with my Maternal line so I need to get up to speed again. From memory (which is not my best asset) I think that there is a link so I will get hubby to put everything I need to answer your question on the p.c. and I will get back to you asap.

Offline tim_p

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 09 August 15 19:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Auntie Wyn (we had one of those in the family!) - look forward to any info you can find.

Offline Auntie Wyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 09 August 15 20:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Tim
Thanks to sterling work by my hubby I now have the files I need on my p.c. What I could do with are a name or two, Puffett's would be good lol,  from you to start the ball rolling.  :)

Offline tim_p

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 10 August 15 17:28 BST (UK) »
OK, excellent here goes: John Puffett May 1809 - Filkins, married Dinah George but I have no idea of dates of death for them both.  He's my 3rd great grandfather.  Similarly, his parents were, I think Henry Puffett 1780 - ??  and Sabina Cook, again dates needed.  One of John Puffetts sons, William G 1837-1914 was born in Filkins but moved to Newport, South Wales - I can't find much about the move.  There was then quite a family that grew in and around Newport, I think remaining to this day as I'm sure my father was in contact and had visited on some occasions - sadly he's now dead so I can't ask.  He'd have loved all this too!

Any help you might be able to offer is much appreciated.