Author Topic: BBC TV "WDYTYA?" Series 5 Episode #8: Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen  (Read 20528 times)

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
Re: BBC TV "WDYTYA?" Series 5 Episode #8: Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen
« Reply #90 on: Saturday 04 October 08 11:06 BST (UK) »
Too right Pip
Our library has a separate computer room and a children's area and a reading room they have story reading times in the children's area Yes some of the teenagers giggle and chatter with their friends but as long as they don't usually stay long and if you can avoid the after school hour slot you can usually get on OK It is getting them used to the facilities offered  and one day they will be back and not scared to enter the "hallowed silent ground" I must own up to the occasional excited outburst in the library my self     couldn't help when I found my dear Great Aunt Alicia (almost had to curtsy when I met her as a child) was baptised Alice Fanny Minnie  and her equally forbidding sister Great Aunt Lucile was plain Lucy..well you'd have laughed too
Also saved an awful lot of research on the day after sitting quietly for  an hour next to a stranger both engrossed in our fiche readers I hissed art my husband Do yo also want Froodes? The lady next to me exclaimed Froodes  She had the whole tree with her back about five more generations wow don't ban anyone from such institutions
Trees
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline pippylong

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Saturday 04 October 08 18:29 BST (UK) »
Good on you Trees!! 

I'm glad someone else appreciates their local library.  If we don't use them they will be lost forever!  I used mine to check the Radio Times mag to see when the Who Do You Think You Are? programmes were on. So good on them........UP the libraries.......hurrahhh  ;D    they also take the Who Do You Think You Are? monthly magazine!  Even better!!!
Darney/Lyons (Cardiff, South Wales/ Cork, Ireland/France)
Shaw/Helme/Titterington (Lancashire, England)
Parry/Lewis (South Wales, UK)
Bell/Moore/Dawson/Collins (Scotland/Ireland)

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Sunday 05 October 08 12:17 BST (UK) »
Well yes I agree but the library in question is in a town where a certain poet laureate asked to be bombed!  Its opposite the college, which is now dressed up to be a university.
the childrens area is fantastic, and the younger ones love it - its the older yound adults who duck out of college on the pretence of revising/research and cause mayhem that are a problem in the local studies area.  Luckily there are not too many of them and my own local libaries do not suffer the same fate.
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.