Author Topic: Woods - Baptisms, St. Oswalds, Malpas  (Read 1856 times)

Offline big kev

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Woods - Baptisms, St. Oswalds, Malpas
« on: Thursday 02 October 08 04:45 BST (UK) »
Seeking contact with researchers interested in the following members of the Woods, Brookes, Davies families:

Baptisms for children of William and Sarah Woods of Agden – Parish of Malpas, taken from the registers of St. Oswald. (Microfilm roll 2068452)

6th June, 1781, William, son of William and Sarah Woods of Agden.
5th March, 1783, Thomas son of William and Sarah Woods of Agden.
16th July, 1786, Randle son of William and Sarah Woods of Agden.
7th June, 1788, Samuel son of William and Sarah Woods of Agden.
13th August, 1789, Samuel son of William and Sarah Woods of Agden.
24th January, 1796, James son of William and Sarah Woods of Agden.
James died, buried 24th October, 1802, son of William and Sarah Woods of Agden aged 6 years.

Baptisms for children of Samuel Woods and Hannah (nee Davies) of Malpas, taken from Parish Registers of St. Oswald, Malpas. (Samuel Woods married Hannah Davies at Malpas, 20th March, 1812) Hannah Davies baptised 28th January, 1791, daughter of Charles and Mary Davies of Malpas township.

24th January, 1813, Mary daughter of Samuel and Hannah Woods, abode Malpas Township, father labourer, Ralph Bridge Curate.
29th January, 1815, Ann Daughter of Samuel and Hannah Woods abode, Malpas, father labourer, James Heaton Curate.
5th January, 1817, Sarah daughter of Samuel and Hannah Woods, abode Malpas, father shoemaker, W.W.Drake, Curate.
12th February, 1819, Elizabeth, daughter of Samuel and Hannah Woods, abode Malpas, father labourer, W.W.Drake, Curate.
4th March, 1821, Hannah daughter of Samuel and Hannah Woods, abode, Malpas, father labourer W.W. Drake, Durate.
22nd June, 1823, Charlotte daughter of Samuel and Hannah Woods, abode Malpas, father labourer, W.W.Drake Rector.
17th April, 1825, Randle son of Samuel and Hannah Woods, abode Malpas, father labourer, H Wigfield, Curate.
22nd May, 1827, William son of Samuel and Hannah Woods, abode Malpas, father labourer, H. Wigfield, Curate.
14th March, 1830, Jane, daughter of Samuel and Hannah Woods, abode Malpas, father labourer W.W. Drake, Rector.
27th September, 1832, Joseph son of Samuel and Hannah Woods, abode Malpas, father labourer, H. Wigfield, Curate.
26th September, 1833, Phoebe daughter of Samuel and Hannah Woods, abode Malpas, father labourer, H. Wigfield Curate.
2nd April, 1835, Ellis, son of Samuel and Hannah Woods, abode Malpas, father labourer, I.A. Partridge Rector.

Baptisms for children of Randle Woods and Mary (nee Brookes) taken from Parish Registers of St. Oswald, Malpas.

5th June, 1847, Anne daughter of Randle and Mary Woods, Abode Bradley, father labourer, James Yorke, Curate.
10th June, 1849, Elizabeth daughter of Randle and Mary Woods, abode Bradley, father labourer, W.L. Prou? Curate.
4th August, 1851, Randle son of Randle and Mary Woods, abode Bradley, father brickmaker, Thurlos? Curate.

Baptism of Hannah Davies: 28th January, 1791, Hannah daughter of Charles and Mary Davies of Malpas Township.

Offline Rita25

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Woods - Baptisms, St. Oswalds, Malpas
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 August 10 17:07 BST (UK) »
Hello "Kev"
I was doing a search on my deceased, maternal grandfather, Frederick Barth Woods, formerly of Trenton, NJ and your post came up.  Ellis Woods was my great-grandfather.
My mother is still living and has memories of him and his wife Annie.  I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have.  Are you a branch of the family living in the U.K.?  Hope to hear from you.  Rita25

Offline kevin2257

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 August 10 02:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Rita,
Thank you for your reply.  I followed the link emailed to me with your reply, but could not sign in with my old username and password so I have started a new one.  I am descended from Samuel Woods born 1789, who was the great grandfather of your Frederick Barth Woods born 31 January, 1894. Your Frederick's father and grandfather were both named Ellis. His father Ellis born 17th April 1864 had a sister Eliza Elizabeth Woods born 3 July 1870.  I am in contact with her descendants in England and they were unaware that Eliza had a brother or relatives in the USA. My great-grandfather Randle Woods born 1851, migrated to Australia in 1879.  Interestingly the name "Ellis" has passed down in the family for hundreds of years.  My father was Randle Ellis and other members of the family also named Ellis, including my grandson now 12 weeks old.  Descendants of Eliza Eliza Woods were also named Ellis. Frederick's grandfather Ellis Woods born 2nd April, 1835 was the brother of my great-great-grandfather Randle Woods born 17 April, 1825. I look forward to your reply.  Regards, Kevin Woods kevinwoods48@optusnet.com.au

Offline kevin2257

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 August 10 05:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Rita,

I was wondering if you have a photograph of your great-grandfather Ellis Woods you could send me or upload.
Regards,
KevinW2257