Author Topic: INGHAM - Family bible without a home - BULCOCK and INGHAM  (Read 28777 times)

Offline Midman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
INGHAM - Family bible without a home - BULCOCK and INGHAM
« on: Thursday 02 October 08 20:38 BST (UK) »
I have family bible for the Bulcock and Ingham families dating from just before 1790. There is on a page a list of family births to John and Alice Bulcock beginning with John born 25/8/1790 and going through to 1825.
On the reverse side of the page is a list of Ingham children beginning on 11/1/1832 with Hannah Ingham. The second child is John Bulcock Ingham born 1/12/1834. This child appears in later census reports and probably has modern descendants The Ingham entries end with Agnes Ingham but there are no birth details about her. Whoever wrote it, stopped writing when they had written her name.
I suspect the bible remained in the Bulcock family until the first Ingham entry. The reason I think this is, there is a red leather gold embossed name plate for John Bulcock 1816 on one page, which is before the first Ingham entry.
I would be happy to to return the bible to todays descendants if they get in touch with me. All the entries are in well written copperplate long hand.
Midman (Mm)

Offline SAEJohn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: INGHAM - Family bible without a home - BULCOCK and INGHAM
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 March 09 22:36 GMT (UK) »
This appears to be something that could be part of my family history.  I, too, am John Bulcock, residing in the United States.  Our ancestors trace back that far, at least, in England.  My aunt and uncle have done the most research, I believe.

Offline Midman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 March 09 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Good to hear from you. I have had contact with a Claire Bulcok here in England, as they appear to be congregated around Blackburn in Lancashire, but she has no trace. There was a family of Inghams in a village about two miles from where I currently live, called Deighton in North Yorkshire. I suspect I aquired the bible from a local jumble sale a while back, but have not been able to trace that family. Would you like me to list the Bulcoks in the bible to see if you have a connection?

Offline BashLad

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 February 11 21:27 GMT (UK) »
I know loads of bulcocks and inghams. Loads of them here in east lancashire. I have a few Ingham ancestors myself from oakenhead wood in haslingden.
WHITEHOUSE- Bromsgrove, WANE - Eccleston, TOWERS - Blackburn & Ribble Valley, COLLINGE - Rawtenstall, THOMAS - Penzance, Whitehaven, Haslingden.

Offline Midman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 February 11 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Well Pete, you are a pleasant surprise! I no longer have the bible sadly as it was more than 200 years old and decaying beyond repair, and I had no where to keep it. I did however keep the front cover, and the page with the family births on. I do not know if it will successfully scan for e mail, but if you think it could be relevant, I can list the entries here for you. I would like to find a living relative to pass it to. The front cover has a red leather name patch on the inside very well preserved. It reads "John Bulcock 1816"
Chris

Offline JoanBorrowscale

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 05 February 12 12:40 GMT (UK) »
 Hello   I am researching the Isherwood family of Gt.Mitton or Myton under Swale - North Yorks.
and have recently found a marriage  of 1720  for a John Isherwood and Ann Bulcock at Myton upon Swale.
This Bullcock name also appears in the London area in St. Botolph, Bishopgate in the 1700's
If this helps.

Joan

Offline Midman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 05 February 12 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello   I am researching the Isherwood family of Gt.Mitton or Myton under Swale - North Yorks.
and have recently found a marriage  of 1720  for a John Isherwood and Ann Bulcock at Myton upon Swale.
This Bullcock name also appears in the London area in St. Botolph, Bishopgate in the 1700's
If this helps.

Joan
Hi Joan,
This could be a link to the family I have on the bible page. Myton is only about 15 miles from me, but there is about two generations seperating the Ann you have here and the Bulcocks I have. Do you have any more info. on Ann, such as who her father is and where he lives, or if she has siblings particualrly boys?
Thanks for your reply.
Chris

Offline JoanBorrowscale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 05 February 12 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello Chris.    I have just been searching the IGI - and have found
Thomas   bp                  2/1/1721
John        bp                  31/10/1725
James      bp                  3/11/1728
There maybe a Henry somewhere -   
All went to London and became Brewers, Distillers, Victuallers and made a lot of money.
And are all buried in St. Botolph, Bishopsgate, London.     And made a name fore themselves
Henry ?  became MP for Windsor
There is also a Ramsbottom connection with the Isherwood family - which is also very interesting.
When finding these baptisms they are entered twice    Great Mitton /  and Myton upon Swale
I presume they are the same, but what is the difference ?
There are a lot of the Bullcock family also buried in St. Botolph-  for which I am trying to obtain M.I's
from London -     
Was the Bullcock family wealthy I wonder -   what do you know about them.
I think Ann Bullcock was a daughter of Johis' Bullcock and baptised 1700 at Gisburn, Yorks.
Hope this helps.   I am still looking for my Eliza c 1700
Joan

Offline JoanBorrowscale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 05 February 12 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Sorry -   My Eliza was born c 1802
Joan
I presume the places of birth are not entered in your family bible.......
or baptisms...
Joan