Author Topic: Donegore - Bryson-Wilson  (Read 13418 times)

Offline kirk6704

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Donegore - Bryson-Wilson
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 03 April 18 18:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Rebecca,

My great great grandfather James Buchanan was born in Ballymena and came to a property his family had purchased near what is now Ottawa, Canada in 1847.  I have a written account by one of his daughters that says that he had "Bryson cousins" in the area.  His mother was Jane Ballagh and her sister Margaret was married to John Bryson of Ballybracken, Antrim.  They had daughters Sarah and Agnes and sons James, Robert and John.  I don't know if any of these five cousins settled in the area.   

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gilby

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Donegore - Bryson-Wilson
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 11 August 18 12:32 BST (UK) »
From the Registry of Deeds:

Book 674 / Page 8 / Number 463243
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSH3-3Q5P-F?i=9&cat=185720
Memorial of indenture of assignment dated 1st Apr 1812 between James Ballah of Ballybracken, farmer, and William Wilson of Ballybracken, farmer.  For 999 19s 11d Ballah sells to Wilson 79a 1r 26r plantation measure in the Quarterland of Ballybracken.  To have and to hold for the remainder of 61 years from 1st Nov 1800.  Witnesses Robert Ballah of Ballyvoy, John Bryson of Bally[wee?], farmers and John Williamson of Freemanstown Gent, attorney.

This obviously can't be James Ballah senior (who died 1791).  It could be his grandson (born 1791).  However, I suspect it may be a previously unknown brother of Robert Ballah of Ballyvoy (1753-1821).

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.