Author Topic: Anthony Christie , County Leitrim  (Read 8026 times)

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anthony Christie , County Leitrim
« on: Sunday 05 October 08 05:55 BST (UK) »
I am hoping that some one may be able to help with any information regarding a Anthony Christie born 1833 in County Leitrim and brother Myles born 1831 their father is James Christie/Christy. ???

Anthony's  occup - Coalminer. Anthony married a Catherine O'Brien  born  1834 in County Leitrim. Anthony died c 1926  Scotland I think.

Any help would be much appreciated. ;D

Regards
Annette :)
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Christie , County Leitrim
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 October 08 10:37 BST (UK) »
Do you have all the information from the 1926 Scottish death certificate yet? Where did Anthony and Catherine marry- Scotland or Ireland?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 October 08 11:14 BST (UK) »
I do not have any record of the death, and I had it written down.
 I have found in my notes that Anthony and Catherine married in 1854 Lintithgow, West Lothian Scotland and I should have looked through all this before I posted my requests.
 I was sure that they were from Scotland and I have only found that the Christie's came from Ireland.

My late mother in law had only told me that her mother Mary Ann Kelly and her relations were the ones who came from Ireland.

Thanks for your reply.

Annette.
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.

Offline andysweeney

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 June 11 21:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Annette,

I am currently looking at an Anthony Christie as an ancestor and wondering if it is the same person. There's Irish blood on that side of the family and there is some talk of elopement back in the annals and no-one can remember who it was!

He was married to a Catherine Christison Bone (that we are definite on).  The dates don't tie up (about 6 years out on the census estimates but that wouldn't be hard to do and I have never seen birth certificates.

Yours shows up as from "County Letntran"(!) in the 1871 census for Scotland in Cumbernauld. "Antony Christy" listed as 1836 birth with 7 kids.

Mine (we estimated) was 1842 birth.

Anyway, if my Catherine's surname ties with yours can you drop me a line?!

Not sure if you can leave email addresses here but try email for (*) with no spaces or I will try to check back here!

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 June 11 01:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Andysweeney,

IThe Anthony Christie I have was b 1833  and he married a Catherine O,Brien. and her parents were Hugh O'Brien and Ann McGuire born around 1808?

It is interesting that you have found a Anthony Christie in the 1871 census
for Cumbernauld Scotland as a 1836 birth with 7 children. it could well be the father of the Anthony Christie b 1866 as they did live in Cumbernault Scotland and Anthony Christie and Mary Kelly were the parents of my Mother in law.
As we know that dates are sometimes different.

I do not have any of the children that Anthony and Catherine had except Anthony who was born 1866 ?

Hope you can figure all this out. ???
Regards Annette ellen  :)

Offline LottieD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 24 January 14 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annette

I have Bridget Christy/Christie b 1840 Leitrim.  Marries John McCormack b 1841 Leitrim.

Bridget names her first born Son Myles.

I've yet to confirm but I'm told they came from Carrick on Shannon but there is also a link to Knockvicar, Boyle, Roscommon.

John, Bridget and their 5 children (two of them born in Drumkeeran) move to Scotland.  They are in Glasgow on the 1891 census and my cousin tells me that they had relatives in Edinburgh/Lothian that she would visit as a child.

I think there may be a connection there with your Christy's.  Did you manage to get any more information on yours?
MACDONALD:- Glasgow and Ireland possibly Ballymena
McCORMACK - Glasgow and Ireland
DINNEEN -     Glasgow, London, Ramsgate, Suffolk, Co Kerry, Co Cork
NELSON and McLEAN - Ballymena Antrim