Author Topic: Charles Enverdale Anderson  (Read 1488 times)

Offline iaf1966

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Charles Enverdale Anderson
« on: Sunday 05 October 08 21:35 BST (UK) »
 Where would I find a obituary notice for the above. He lived at Enverdale House in Coupar Angus and died in New York Jan 27/1902, and was a wellknown potato merchant in the area.
  Looking to seeif there would a newspaper article about the above. Thanks for any help.

Offline Range50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Enverdale Anderson
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 November 08 22:54 GMT (UK) »
My great grandfather was David F Anderson, brother of Charles Enverdale Anderson. Charles was a Provost of Coupar Angus. David was a farmer in Coupar Angus and farmed at Borelands. They also had as far as I know two other brothers, Andrew and Jack who was a solicitor in Cupar, Fife. Jack,s grandson was David Colville Anderson who was a decorated war hero and became Lord Anderson, a member of parliament,  who served in the cabinet of Edward Heath,s Conservative government in the 1970,s. He died in 1995.
Charles's son was Lindsay Anderson, also a potatoe merchant and lived at Enverdale House in Coupar Angus. He had twin girls, who were cousins of my mother. They all lived together in Coupar Angus and were very close.

You will probably find an obituary in the local Blairgowrie Advertiser archives. They are on film at the local library.

Offline Ally81

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Enverdale Anderson
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 November 08 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Fascinating to find this thread. Charles Enverdale is my Great-Great Grandfather. His son Lindsay would be my Great Grandfather, and his son Charles was my Grandfather but died in 1990. I live in London - I don't know if there's any Andersons still remaining in the Coupar Angus/Dundee area?