Author Topic: Marion Robertson Kirkmahoe 1775  (Read 3333 times)

Offline *sparkle*

• I has chosen not to receive notifications of new replies
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Marion Robertson Kirkmahoe 1775
« on: Wednesday 08 October 08 09:04 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for her birth, but I'm struggling. Have looked in the usual places; igi, scotlandspeople etc

I have also looked up Marion/ Marrianne/ Mary Anne, Robertson/Robison/Robson.

I am as sure as I can be she was born Kirkmahoe. She married William Ireland, and again I am struggling to find their marriage....

From the 1851 census she was living in Kirkpatrick Durham and noted as being born about 1775.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tracey

Offline poirot12

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marion Robertson Kirkmahoe 1775
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 October 08 00:24 BST (UK) »
Hi. I happened to find William Ireland & Marion Robertson when I researched one of my surname interests TOWNS in www.sag.org.au  The file name is under Ireland Family, but if you search TOWNS, you will find 4 names and contacts which include IRELAND & ROBERTSON in their interests.
www.ancestry.com. has 2 Trees with their names listed, but Marion is spelt Marian and Marianne. (Define William's spouse' name as Robertson when you search)

Search 1841 census in ancestry.com for Willm Ireland b 1776 Kircudbrightshire and you'll find a female Mary Ireland b 1791 (a sister?). There is also a Female in 1841 Census, Marion Ireland b 1786 with only 1 yo Euphemia. Did they divorce perhaps?  Good hunting, anyway.  Hope you succeed.  Kind regards from Australia.

Offline poirot12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 October 08 00:39 BST (UK) »
Just for fun!
Would this be YOUR William Ireland?

www.old-kirkcudbright etc
In 1848 William Ireland, Esq. of Barbey, Steward-Substitute of Kirkcudbright, was drowned while crossing in his carriage on board the boat.

Offline *sparkle*

• I has chosen not to receive notifications of new replies
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 October 08 09:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks Poirot.

I'd seen the other tree on ancestry (one is mine) but they didn't reply when I messaged them :(

I was just clutching at straws incase I could find more out about Marion as she is the link back to the parish I was born in :) Quite exciting, but incredibly frustrating at the same time due to the big gaps in the parish registers.

Just for fun!
Would this be YOUR William Ireland?

www.old-kirkcudbright etc
In 1848 William Ireland, Esq. of Barbey, Steward-Substitute of Kirkcudbright, was drowned while crossing in his carriage on board the boat.

Great site!  (http://www.old-kirkcudbright.net/index.asp incase anyone else looks as the link wasnt working)

But unfortunately not my William Ireland.

Thank you for taking time to look! :)

Tx

Offline poirot12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 22 October 08 12:09 BST (UK) »
Interestingly enough, the Ireland Family belongs to one of my daughters-in-law.  I am going to try to get the full record for her as a Christmas present.

If there is any further light on Marion Robertson, I'll let you know.

Cheers