Author Topic: Owens. Evans and Jones families in Holyhead  (Read 8426 times)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
Owens. Evans and Jones families in Holyhead
« on: Thursday 09 October 08 19:12 BST (UK) »
Well I have been away from my family research for quite a while as we have been so busy but we are now coming up to the end of our summer season and my "Family Research time" is about to start again. Roll on November lol

Anyway i have been going through my papers and scraps of paper and notes and emails that I have had over the past few months. I now have a few more bits of info that might be able to help in my search but I need help to figure out what to look for and what not to

So I will start at the beginning

Elizabeth Owen was born 1831 in Llanfechell to William Owen and Eleanor Parry. She had 2 brothers - John b 1821 and edward 1833 and 2 sisters Mary 1829 and Margaret 1835 - all born in Llanfechell. By 1841 William had died and eleanor was living in Bodedern with Elizabeth.

Elizabeth had moved to Holyhead and become a dressmaker in 1861 and she 7 children altogether
Edward b 1854
William b 1860 d 1924 Holyhead
Agnes b 1862 d 1935 - married someone Williams and lived in Liverpool
Ellen b 1866 - Great Great Grandmother.
Mary Jane b 1867
Jacob b 1870 d 1956 - married Ann Jones and had 6 children - Elizabeth, Ann, hannah, Margaret, Mary and Edward
Owen b 1880

In 1871 All the children were named Jones though Elizabeth (1831) was still owen and she was single
In 1881 they lived in Middle Village, Holyhead - Elizabeth is still Owen but widowed and the children are back to Owen
In 1891 Elizabeth lived in Pentre Canol with son Owen and daughter Mary Jane. Her Grandson Edward John was also living with them

Ellen b 1866 had her first child on 15th July 1883. His name was edward John Owen. She then had a daughter Ellen in 1889. She reputedly married Thomas Charles in 1892 and they hada son Thomas in 1893 and a daughter Harriet in June 1897. Thomas Charles died in March 1897. In 1903 she married David Evans and they had 2 children - David and Elizabeth.

Her eldest son, Edward John married Mary Jones in Nov 1905 in Holyhead and they had 4 sons - Edward b 1906, Richard 1908, William b 1910 and Hugh b 1913 d 1914. Mary died in 1914 and Edward John remarried in 1915 to Kate Elizabeth Evans. They had a furhter 9 children.

Edward (1906) had 2 children Douglas and Blodwen and died in 1983. He married hannah.

Richard (1908) is my Grandfather and he married Annie Griffith  and had 4 children. he died in 1955

Will (1910) married Hilda and had 3 children. He is supposed to have gone to Liverpool when he was 13 and lived with a relative there. This could have been Agnes. Will died in 1974 in Liverpool

Hugh was born in 1913 and died in January 1914 aged 7 months . he is buried with his mother in Maes Hyffryd Cemetery, Holyhead.

Edward and Kate Elizabeth had 9 more children. Elizabeth was born in Chester where her father Alfred was also from. Her mother was Kate Jones born in Holyhead. Her family are supposed to have had a shop in Holyhead on a hill.
John was one of the sons and lived in Holyhead. He was born in 1920
Thomas was one of the other sons and he was born in 1924 in Holyhead. He is supposed to have married a dutch lady and they adopted a daughter
There has also been talk of Peter and Pauline or Pamela who were in the family.

Well I think I have all the details on here now and just need to figure out where to start
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline cae howell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Owens. Evans and Jones families in Holyhead
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 December 09 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Middle village and pentre canol are the same just that its in Welsh if your kin lived there then the head must of worked in the quarry as its part of the Holyhead mountain village, it has three parts they are pentre isaf,canol and uchaf in  english  lower, middle, high.
griffiths Anglesey,, thomas Holyhead,,Liverpool

Offline patimpey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Owens. Evans and Jones families in Holyhead
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 September 12 21:09 BST (UK) »
Hi my great grandmother (dont know her first name) was married to Hughie Roberts (fireman) but after he died she married into the Jones Family and lived in Holywell. She had a daughter from her first marriage called Mary Roberts born about 1896 Anglesey.  Need help tracing this family.