Author Topic: Burial Records Walsall  (Read 13777 times)

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Records Walsall
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hi  :)

I too have friends buried there....one of them who didnt live so near the area at the time he lived in the Paddock area of Walsall.  My other friend lived actually in Ryecroft but was not buried there which you would have thought would have been the right place, he too was buried at Willenhall.  You never know for sure do you . 

Carol
O'GRADY - DUBLIN,TIPPERARY,& ENGLAND
DOOLEY - TIPPERARY, CO LAOIS
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
HARRIS- CLARE, CORK, & ENGLAND
BLANEY, DOYLE FURLONG -  WEXFORD
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

OTHER NAME INTERESTS - MORAN ,CORBETT, LILLIS, MCGERRY, MCNAMARA, MCGRANE, BRENNAN.....All County Clare & Scattery Island

Offline brit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 May 11 02:19 BST (UK) »
I didnt realise that Rycroft cemetary was so cloe to Bloxwich. My father is buried there, he died in 1959. His first wife Jennie Hughes Bradley died 3rd 1/4 1917 and I would like to find out where she is buried. Here death certificate states Kings Norton. Is there a record of burials for Rycroft or can anyone give any ideas where she might be buried. They were living in Bloxwich at the time or so I have been told.
Thanks
Worcestershire:Bradley, Scotland: Graham, England?: Shelley. Yorkshire: Rycroft, Kent: Sponder

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 May 11 08:01 BST (UK) »
Walsall archives in essex street will be able to say if they hold any records. I don't know if they do.  You may need to contact the crem at streetly as they hold burial index for the area. You could ring walsall reg office but would probably have to buy the cert from them. If kings Norton, i don't know whether that comes under birmingham reg office.

Offline brit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 May 11 19:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information, as I am in the U.S.A. will have to do a bit more digging.
Worcestershire:Bradley, Scotland: Graham, England?: Shelley. Yorkshire: Rycroft, Kent: Sponder

Offline fuseman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 24 August 11 12:13 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I live around 1/4 mile from Willenhall lawn cemetery, so know it very well as both mine and my wife's parents are buired there. Willenhall lawn is now the head office of bareavement services for Walsall and hold all cemetery records for all of Walsall's cemetery's. Also the local history centre in Essex Street, North Walsall hold  these records on micro film. I visit the local history centre usually twice a week doing research on my family history. if you have a very good idea of month and year of death I don't mind having a look through the records to see if I can find a grave number for you, once you have this than a phone call to the very helpful lady at Willenhall lawn will reveal all there is to know about the grave, such as who purchased it and when and if other people are also buried in the grave. Kings Norton was mentioned as a possible location, this area would come under Birmingham, well out of the Walsall cemetery area..
Simkiss, Walsall, Walsall Cemeteries.

Offline mrs bongo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 08 January 20 20:17 GMT (UK) »
hi all
 does any one know where the records are for buriasl which was in walsall area  for 1914 im lookin for john william owen
kind regard

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 09 January 20 06:50 GMT (UK) »
Walsall archives are now in Lichfield street hub in the library. Also the info on Willenhall lawn cemetery is current. If you give more info you may be able to get a look up e.g area to try, full date of death age at death and reduce the records to look through.

Offline mrs bongo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 09 January 20 12:27 GMT (UK) »
thank you